Winter Cuddles

(Decided you guys deserved some cuteness after those angsty chapters, heh...)

3rd POV

It was nighttime in winter, and it was very cold outside. The mob town was covered in a blanket of shimmering white snow, making the reflection of Christmas lights that were on the houses dance across its cold surface.

Wither and Skeleton were on the couch, cuddled up in a blanket each. Wither was playing a game on his phone, while Skeleton read a book. Wither glanced over at the title of the book Skeleton was reading; Myth-O-Mania II: Phone Home, Persephone! by Kate McMullan.

"What are you reading? I've never heard of Myth-O-Mania before," Wither asked.

"It's basically a more modern version of Greek myths; this one's about how Persephone became Hades' wife and Queen of the Underworld," Skeleton explained. "Right now Persphone's mom Demeter is having a fit."

"Who's Demeter?" Wither asked.

"Goddess of agriculture. Persephone is the goddess of spring."

"Oh," Wither replied. Then he went back to his phone.

Skeleton kept trying to read his book, but he was still cold- even with the blanket on. He tried to scoot as close as he could to Wither without him noticing.

Wither was aware of Skeleton moving closer to him, and he could tell he was trying to hide it. He let Skeleton get closer to him, pretending not to notice.

Skeleton got very close to Wither, thankful that Wither hadn't noticed. He was close enough that their knees were almost touching. He wondered how Wither hadn't noticed him.

Then he was surprised by Wither saying, "If you want to cuddle, all you had to do was ask."

"W-What? N-No I don't!" Skeleton protested, realizing that Wither had known all along. Yet while saying that, he didn't move away from him.

"Mmhmm," Wither rumbled, clearly unconvinced. "You say that, but I notice you haven't moved away at all." Wither finally looked at Skeleton, a smirk on his face.

Skeleton felt his face grow warm, and he realized he was blushing. He pulled his blanket over his head, hiding his blushing face from Wither.

"Why are you hiding? Pull down the blanket so I can see your pretty face, Skelly," he heard Wither say, along with a small chuckle.

"No," Skeleton replied, his voice a little muffled by the blanket over his head.

Why is he acting like this? Do friends do this? Skeleton thought to himself.

"C'mon, Skelly..." Wither said. When he gained no reply from the flustered Skeleton, he yanked the blanket down from his face. Skeleton let out a 'meep' when he realized his blanket shield was gone, and he opted to covering his face with his hands instead.

"Playing hard to get, huh~?" Wither said, making Skeleton even more flustered.

"W-Why are you acting like this?" Skeleton asked from behind his hands.

"Acting like what?" Wither asked, faking innocence.

"A-Acting so... flirty!" Skeleton exclaimed, still hiding behind his hands.

"Maybe it's because I want to," Wither answered, still smirking. "Or maybe it's because you look really cute when you're flustered." Skeleton squeaked in embarrassment, not wanting to look at Wither right now.

"Granted, you look cute all the time, but one of the times you look especially cute is when you're flustered," Wither continued, making Skeleton reach the peak level of being flustered.