!Lafayette x Anxious reader!

College AU?

Requested By : theyluvvniya3

(my dad is still teaching me french so don't judge alr)

You don't even know how, but you and the most handsome guy in school (in your opinion), Marquis de Lafayette was now your boyfriend.

You started off as his partner in French class, and everything continued from there.

Now after a few months of being with him, he insisted on you meeting his mom over dinner.

You felt like you were going to shit your pants. You had extreme anxiety, and when things got too out of hand, it became very hard to control.

When Lafayette mentioned this to you, he was aware of your anxiety, but it seemed like he really wanted you to meet them, so you put your fears aside and met her anyway.

It was about 7pm, and you were waiting on your couch for your boyfriend to pick you up.

You decided on wearing something modest, but pretty. You also put on beautiful pearls your father gifted you, for good luck.

After taking a quick look in the mirror, you received a text from Lafayette, notifying that he's here.

You quickly grabbed your purse and headed for the door. When you got in the car, you kissed Laf, but mainly kept to yourself due to how anxious you felt.

You started to continuously bounce your leg on the seat in an attempt to calm your senses, as Laf put your hand on your thigh at the stop light.

"Are you alright, Mon amour..?" he asks with a concerned look on his face.

"I-i'm okay..just a little t-tired from school is all.." you say while failing to hide your stuttering. Laf knew when you stuttered you were obviously not okay.

"Oh don't be nervous, Y/N my mom is gonna love you, okay?" Lafayette says while kissing you softly.

You nod trying to take in his words, and take a deep breath as the two of you get closer to his house. 

As Lafayette stopped at a house, he quickly got out and opened the door for you, with his hand reaching out for yours.

"Ready mon amour?" Laf asks while taking his hand in yours at the door.

You nod in response as he puts the keys in the key hole to open the door.

As the two of you took off your shoes, his mother quickly came from the kitchen to greet you.

"ah salut ma chérie comment vas-tu?" his mother says happily while kissing you on both cheeks. (Ah, hi my dear how are you?)

You smile nervously as you look up to Lafayette, as he shrugs his shoulders with a crooked smile.

"oh mon dieu gilbert elle est si belle!" his mother says to him, as his ears turn pink. (Oh my goodness, she is so beautiful!)

"Et elle serait aussi une si belle mariée.." his mom whispers as she bumps her elbow into him while smirking. ( And she would be such a beautiful bride, too..)

"Maman!" he says quietly as she laughs at him. (Mom!)

You kind of stood there confused, since you weren't that advanced in your french class yet.

The three of you sit at the small, but cozy dinner table. You quickly sit down as his mom starts to plate the dinner.

"This is a special dish called Boeuf Bourguignon. It's very popular in France." she says with the same heavy french accent Lafayette had. It was adorable how much they resembled each other.

"Oh merci ça a l'air délicieux !" you say while smiling down at the delicious food. (Oh thank you this looks delicious!)

"Ah je ne savais pas que tu parlais français ?" she says while sitting down at the table. (ah i didn't know you spoke french?)

"haha oui, j'apprends encore.." you say while laughing. (haha yes, i'm still learning though..)

"Isn't she amazing, maman?" Lafayette says while looking down at you with love in his eyes.

"Yes, I love her already!" she says while gushing over you.

You laugh nervously as a light shade of red covers your cheeks.

Lafayette squeaks in response to your flusteredness. You tilted your head to the side in confusion as his mother is also looking, now curious as well.

He then covers his face, in an attempt to hide his squeal. "elle est trop mignonne!" he whispers as his mom laughs at him. (she is so cute!)

You now confused, just continue to eat your food instead of worrying about what he just said.

After eating, his mom had given the two of you eclairs she had recently made. They were so good oh my god.

After about an hour of chatting, it was time for Lafayette to take you home.

As the two of you made your way to the door, his mother also escorted you outside.

"I can't wait for the marriage day!" his mom says quietly while winking at you.

Lafayette turns back, wondering where you are, as you walk to the car quickly while looking down.

What an interesting woman she is..