!Jefferson x Maid reader! (im back??)

Okay so it's been almost a year since I've posted on here (June, 2023) and I hope people are still reading my stuff though I might be a little rusty now 😿 well that shouldn't be too much of a problem, let's get started!

Requested by : Me, I have no requests for now

(MODERN AU)

Thomas Jefferson had just graduated out of college with a degree in politics, but hadn't put it to use yet due to lack of motivation. You, on the other hand had started looking for a job as soon as you graduated. You had gotten a degree in nursing, but needed just a simple job to get by for now. Thomas lived in a large apartment bought by his parents, but always left it extremely messy. So one day, his best friend, James Madison, took matters into his own hands.

"Thomas, this place is a pig sty. You said you were going to clean up, what happened to that?" James asked with a hand on his hips, and a handful of trash bags in the other. "Well I said I would, then I thought it would be a good idea to take a power nap, then i got hungry so I ordered food, then I fell asleep again." Thomas said while stifling back a chuckle from his own antics.

"Thomas I'm not even laughing with you right now. I'm practically sick ninety percent of the time, yet my place is in pristine condition!" James exclaims. "Yeah that's because you're a clean freak." Thomas mutters under his breath.
"Wanna repeat that?" Madison says with a raised eyebrow.
"No, I'm good." Thomas says quickly after, just barely saving himself.

"Alright Thomas, give me your phone." James says abruptly.
"But-"
"Now." James cuts Thomas off with a swift motion as he extends his hand out. He then takes his phone and starts typing. Though Thomas was curious, he didn't fight back. Madison then handed the phone back to him after a few minutes.

"There. I hired you a maid to help you to clean up this mess you call your apartment." James said while sighing. "James! I could've used that money for-" "Nope. Money well spent." James says, combating another stupid excuse Thomas was going to make up. "They will be here tomorrow at 8am sharp, so make a good first impression! I don't know their gender, so you'll have to wait and see when they get here tomorrow."
"Yeah yeah, we'll see." Thomas mutters while slumping on the couch.
"Did you eat today, Thomas? I-" Madison says before Thomas cuts him off.
"Yup, I ate-"
"Before you answer that, Did you eat real food?" James asks. "Well technically, I-" Thomas starts before being cut off. "I'm buying you food. Real food. Cmon we're going out." James says while walking towards the door to grab their coats.

"Oh hell yeah!-"
"We're going out to eat real food, not to get drunk off our asses."
"Aw, you're no fun."
"Thank you."

The next morning, Thomas still ended up somehow falling asleep on his couch instead of going to sleep in his bed. It was exactly 8AM when he got a soft knock on the door.

He groaned in his sleep and turned over to lay on his face to drown out the sound of the knocking.

The knocking then went on for a few more minutes before the person knocking got impatient and banged on the door, hard.

"Mmmm okay I'm coming..." Thomas mumbled groggily while getting up to go open the door. He rubbed his eyes as he opened the door. He was met with a girl with cleaning supplies in one hand, and a paper in the other. She was a little on the tall side for a woman, about 5'6 to 5'7. Though Thomas still had to look down at her a little due to his height.

"Oh, my..." Thomas muttered very quietly under his breath.

(YOUR POV)

You look down at your paper before looking up back at him. "I'm here for the cleaning job for...Thomas Jefferson?" You say before looking up at him.

When you do, he's just staring down at you. Crickets. You wait a few moments before waving a hand in front of his eyes.

"O-oh right, the cleaning job." He stutters before moving away from the door to let you in.

"Wow! This is uh-"

"Oh yeah! Um well I just had a party the other day you know, it gets crazy. That's why it's like that. No other reason." Thomas sputters out nervously.

"Well okay then." You say while stifling a chuckle as you put your stuff down.

As you start to plan in your head how you're going to clean up, you notice Thomas kind of hovering behind you awkwardly.

"Oh uhm you can go out and you know do what you please, or stay here if you'd like.." you say while looking up at him while putting on cleaning gloves.

"O-oh! Okay I guess I'll head out then." He says while heading to the coat rack by his door. You nod as he opens the door and leaves. As the door shuts, you get to cleaning.
God, his house is a pig sty. He doesn't seem like the type to have parties though..
You thought to yourself as you saw right through his obvious excuses. You quickly brushed past it though, as you put on your headphones and opened Spotify. You then pressed play on one of your playlists as your favorite song played. You then took out some cleaning supplies as you got started.

2 HOURS LATER

It was about two hours later, and you finished cleaning his living room, bathroom, and are now washing the dishes. Though this is something you'd usually dread doing, the pay was high. You'd do it too for a check.

As you were on the last dishes, you hear the clanking of keys as the front door opened. Thomas came in and hung up his coat and put away his shoes as he looked around in awe. His apartment hadn't been that clean since he started living in it.

He then made his way to the kitchen as he heard the faucet running, catching you washing dishes. He leaned against the door frame silently, adoring your side profile as you washed the dishes. He didn't realize how long he was standing there, until you saw him and asked, "how long have you been standing there?" You say with one hand on your hips as you dried your hands with a towel.

"Oh uh, not too long.." he said softly as he looked at you.
"Okay.." you say suspiciously while giggling a little. Thomas trailed behind you slowly as you took off your cleaning gloves.
"I uh....I got you something." Thomas said shyly as he handed you a bag.
"Oh? What could this be...?" You mumbled softly as you neatly opened the bag.

In the bag was a small clear box, with strawberry cheesecake inside. It was wrapped neatly with a red ribbon, and a fork in the bag.
"How'd you know I liked cheesecake?" You asked with a smile.
" Well who doesn't?" He said teasingly. "Just as a little thank you gift for you know, making this place look much better." He said with a tint of pink on his cheeks.
"Well, that is my job." You say while giggling softly. "Yeah, it is..." he says before staring down at you.

The room fell silent as he looked down at you before you broke it. "Well, im going to take my leave for now. I'll finish cleaning up your apartment tomorrow, just please don't make any mess tonight, okay?" You say while pressing your hands together.
"Got it." He says while smiling slightly.
"Oh, and I'll be coming over everyday practically to you know, do everyday house chores." You say while taking your things.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. Jefferson." You say with a smile. "See you tomorrow. He replies back while opening the door for you.

When you leave, he slowly closes the door and lays face flat on the couch. He could feel his face heat up as he replayed today's moments in his head. He groaned and covered his face as he kept imagining your beautiful face.

Maybe James' help was worth it.

1402 words

!Requests here!