Chapter 5

*Shakti PoV*

August, the boy who lived, the only survivor of his family, this boy who is currently hugging a piece of clothing of his father with longing, and sadness, under the roof of a home, that's been hit by a devastating tragedy.

As he mourns his lost family, the weapon, Beowulf, a spear of a fallen adventurer, a fallen friend, a fallen father, mourns with the young boy. it's aura, enveloping him, giving him warmth, and comfort in the cold night.

And the thing that I feared, finally happened.

August, felt the call of the spear, he looked at it, as the warmth of its aura calls for him.

His hands moving inches towards it, and as he touches the cloth that was wrapping the weapon, the magic inside it bursts in the air.

Suffocating with bloodlust, a strong desire for revenge, yet at the same time warm and comforting. The weapon finally found its new master, as the blood magic that enchants the Beowulf clings towards August.

The cloth unraveled, as a beautiful obsidian colored spear shines a metallic gleam, the beauty of the spear ehanced by the purple outlines. A simple yet elegant design, a spear that's made for its practical uses and combat.

 A simple yet elegant design, a spear that's made for its practical uses and combat

And slowly the weapon shrank, accommodating the size of its new master. It floats in the air as it slowly moves towards the boy.

He reaches for it, his hand touching the cold Orichalcum steel, and the spear vibrates, as if acknowledging it new master. A new blood pact has been sealed. and Beowulf in now bonded towards August.

The spear that now fit perfectly for his size, snuggled in his hands.

August looks at the spear, his eyes unmoving, as his hands move to feel the weapon that has chosen, and called for him.

"August!" I call him, as I rush to his side.

but before I reached him, I heard footsteps, running towards our location. I kept my eyes towards the door and pulled a dagger out, my primary weapon was not with me but this dagger will do.

As the footsteps grew nearer I brought down my guard, it was only a member of Freya's familia, Allen Fromel. a level 5 adventurer, considered the fastest adventurer in Orario.

"Shakti, did you feel it as well?" he said as he roams his eyes around the room and saw August.

"what's the kid doing here? he shouldn't be roami--" he stops, his eyes glued to the spear.

"Allen I can explain."

"explain my ass!!! that spear reeks of sinister magic." He prepared his weapon as he walks towards August.

"Oy!!! Kid, let go of that thing." he said forcefully as August flinched at the sound of his voice. "I'm gonna destroy that thing."

"no..."