Chapter 40

*Narration*

The following days were going pretty well for August, Denki, and Froke. It became a routine for the three of them as the more they work together the better they get. They've become a well oiled machine. Denki handling the front, Froke sniping monsters from the back, and August taking care of the loose ends, supporting the two of them whenever they need it.

August was thrilled by their progress and decided to make Froke a permanent hire for his party. She was good at her job, and being a veteran in the dungeon, August and Denki was learning plenty from her as well, such as paths to take, lots outside of monster cores, and other tricks that veterans use to make their dungeon diving more efficient.

There are only a few more days before the tournament officially begins, and only a handful of adventurers decide to enter the dungeon, August and his party are among those adventurers. August decided that he should sharpen his senses for the upcoming event. And he had the perfect plan for that.

The three of them are currently standing in front of the 17th floor boss room entrance, from the information Sophie told August, Goliath would be reviving today, and since no high level familia had dived for the past couple of days in preparation for the tournament, the Guild issued a quest for August to take care of the monster rex so the adventurers stuck at the 18th floor could come up.

August being August took this quest, he wanted to fight the monster rex again and this time he is so much more prepared to face it. He felt like his previous victory over it was nothing more than a fluke, it was dumb luck, Beowulf won that fight, not him. And this time he will win with his own strength along with his party, and he thought that this fight would be a trainable moment for Denki as well.

"So are you guys ready?" August asked the two of them. He can see the nervousness of the two.

"Let me remind you that you hired me as a supporter, why the fuck am I fighting a rex?" Froke was mortified when she found out earlier today that the three of them would be fighting Goliath. "I'm level 1 for crying out loud, why in the fuck am I here?"

Denki on the other hand was sweating bullets as he nodded silently towards August. His fingers were turning white as he gripped the hilt of his sword firmly.

"Just remember, stay calm, I'll take point and handle its agro, you two are there for support, Denki remember your training, I want you to deliver as much damage as you can, but be careful, go in and out of his range." August said as he looked at the sweating samurai, he then turned his attention to Froke. " Level 1 or not I trust you and your bow, stay at the back and aim at the fuckers eyes. Choose your shot wisely as your arrows cannot break its skin. Its eyes and mouth will be your best bet at dealing him damage." August smiled at the two of them and took a step forward. "Do your jobs right and I'll handle the rest. I promise no hair will be harmed from the two of you."

August's aura surged in the room, the two stared at awe at his back as he walked without fear inside, his aura felt hot in their skin, it felt like it was giving them courage. "Let's go kill it, shall we." August looked back one more time and said those words. His face was calm, yet for some reason Denki saw hatred in it, but he decided to ignore it.

.
.
.
.
.

*ROAR!!!!*

As August stepped inside he was greeted by the monster's deafening roar. And then the ground shook as the large titan took its steep.

"Well hello there." August greeted him as well. "Remember me?" his mana rose as it filled the room with its violent surge. His feet dug deep into the ground as it cracked by his force, he gripped his spear and smiled viciously at his old foe.