Chapter 89

*a few moments earlier*

Hades, along with the trio of Heracles, Thor, and Buddha, who were leading the familia and gods in taking control over the panic, felt a powerful fear grip their bodies.

It was instantaneous, like lightning striking their very core. The primal fear was now starting to take over, growing larger with each passing second.

"T-that... DAMN IDIOT!!!" A violent burst of godly aura exploded out of Heracles. The primal fear could only be attributed to the primal spear that August was wielding. It was clear to Heracles, a former wielder of a Theïkó óplo, what was happening.

"Control yourself, Heracles!" Hades's voice cut through the air. "Pull your aura back; there are civilians here!"

Heracles glared at Hades, his heart pounding in his chest. "DENKI!!!" He yelled while locking eyes with the old god.

Denki ran beside his god, sweating buckets. He could feel the primal fear, but not to the extent of how the gods were feeling it. No, he was sweating for a different reason. Heracles's aura was so dense that even standing, much less walking, was taking everything Denki had.

"Lord Heracles," Denki stuttered as he stood beside his god.

"Get my mace and meet me at the amphitheater! Make it quick." Heracles's voice was angry; Denki could feel it. The young samurai could only gulp and nod as he ran.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!" Hades screamed, unable to control his anger. It was hard to do so because of Beowulf's mana clinging to the air. "I explicitly told you why you can't join the fi-"

"SHUT UP!!!" Heracles cut Hades off, shocking both mortals and gods in the area. Even Thor and Buddha were taken aback by Heracles's tone. "If you want to stop me, then you are free to try. If not, get the hell out of my way!" His voice was cold, letting everyone know that there was no stopping him now.

"Let me remind you what happens if you die! Your child will lose his fal-"

*BOOM!*

Hades's words were cut off by a fist landing in his abdomen. He couldn't even see what happened; he fell to his knees and looked up, only to see the god of strength looking down coldly at him. "Y-you are making a terrible mistake!"

"Maybe so... But I will not lose my child!" Heracles began to move, but on his first step, multiple adventurers from Hades's familia surrounded him.

"Well, I'm sorry, Heracles..." Hades slowly got to his feet, still shaky from the power of Heracles's punch. "But I can't let you leave here."

The adventurers from Hades's familia all let their mana roar, determined to stop the god.

"Oho... What do we have here?" A playful voice made the adventurers look to the side, finding Buddha smirking as he playfully twirled his bo-staff. "You seem to forget that he isn't alone. Isn't that right, fat man?"

"Buddha, call me fat one more time, and this hammer will find its way into your face." Thor grunted as he also glared at the adventurers. He snapped his fingers, and his familia came running to his side. He then looked toward Heracles and said coldly, "You owe me."

"Hmmm." Heracles nodded and moved. As he did, Buddha and Thor, along with Thor's familia, rushed toward the adventurers of Hades's familia, clearing a path for the god of strength.

"YOU FOOLS!!! IF HE DIES, WE WILL NEVER KNOW WHERE THE HEROIC BOW IS!!!" Hades yelled, his face turning red as he could only watch Heracles's figure grow smaller and smaller as he gained distance.

"So that's what it was? Greedy as always, huh?" Buddha grinned as he smashed his staff at the adventurers left and right, his eyes never leaving Hades. "Don't worry your pretty little mind. Knowing Heracles's temperament... That abomination is as good as dead." Buddha smiled politely, blocking a sword that came his way.