Chapter 39

*Narration*

The guild officially announced the tournament which would take place inside the Orario coliseum. The announcement of such an event generates excitement all around the dungeon city making it lively.

The guild couldn't have timed the news any better as it took the public mind out of the murder that happened that day.

August along with Denki are making their way into the dungeon for their daily dive inside. August decided that he'll hire a supporter today since Heracles suggested it to him, he agrees that he needed to develop his leadership skills if he wanted to be a successful captain and commanding a three man cell with him, Denki, and a supporter would be a good practice for that.

"So you're finally hiring a supporter huh? Any idea what you want?" Denki asked curiously, he welcomed the idea of a supporter since he won't have to carry the loot and supplies anymore. It isn't really a problem for him but he does find it a hassle to fight with a bag since it hinders his mobility quite a bit.

"From what I can see most supporters that are for hire here are level 1, and those that are level 2 or above are part of a permanent diving party." August put his hand on his chin as he looked at the supporters who were holding signs in the entrance. All of them are level one and by the looks of it none of them are even knowledgeable in combat. "I'm okay with hiring anyone but I do prefer someone who has experience in the deeper floor since that is our target."

"That guy seems strong." Denki points at a dwarf supporter. The dwarf was built muscular and stout, he has an axe on his side and a large backpack. "How about him?"

"yeah, in terms of raw strength a dwarf would be a good choice but I'm afraid he'll slow our pace down since they aren't really known for their mobility." August answered as he glanced at the dwarf.

"How about that pallum? They're quick on their feet." Denki suggested the male pallum in the corner.

"Can't you feel it? He still has milk on his lips. Judging from his mana he just received his blessing and I don't want to be a baby sitter."

"By the gods your level 5, you don't have to be so picky, whoever we pick won't be fighting anyway." Denki was becoming impatient, there are plenty of supporters here but August was being picky about it.

"Well I guess you're right." August said, he looked at Denki and gave him a smile which made the samurai shiver. He knew that smile and he knew that it can only mean trouble for him. "I should just choose anyone since they won't be fighting anyway right? After all you're the only one who'll be fighting inside so anyone will do." August moved along as he scans the surroundings for a good supporter.

Denki pales at what his captain said. 'Me and my big fucking mouth.' he thought as he follows behind his captain.

Minutes passed and the duo felt like all the good ones had already been hired so they decided to just enter the dungeon without a supporter but a voice stopped them on their tracks.

"I hear the two of you are looking for a supporter." a jolly voice called out to them making them turn and look. It was a female werewolf evident by her wolf ears, but at the same time she was small, the size of a pallum. She like all supporters has a huge backpack that she's carrying like it's nothing, a small quiver at her leg indicates that she's using a bow but August can't seem to spot where she's keeping it.

'A halfbreed.' August thought as he stared at the girl who was grinning at them. "We are. What is it to you?" he asked.

"Well for your information I'm the best supporter around, and I only support those who are strong. And I, the great Froke Lapilla view you as someone worthy of hiring me." she spoke in a haughty manner with her hands on her hips as she held her head high.