Chapter 71

The match continues as Shakti ordered her monsters to attack, gone were the formations and tactics, right now, Shakti's sole order was to overwhelm Ais with her superior number.

The monster roared as they charged at the sole mortal who was standing in the middle of the stage, Ais still didn't move from her spot.

"I think it was something like this..." Ais muttered as she willed her mana.

A huge mana dome formed enveloping the whole stage.

.
.
.
.
.

August who was watching in the sideline had his mouth wide open, his shock slowly morph into awe, and then excitement. Ais just performed the technique of Mashima Toga. She had formed a mana dome of her own.

.
.
.

Toga who had by now recovered from his fight with August was also watching in the stands. His eyes opened as he stared at the mortal who was blessed by the sword. 'What an unfair world.' He thought. He had spent multiple years creating that technique, only for two brats to recreate it like it was nothing.

.
.
.

Denki had his mouth wide open as she watched Ais perform his master's technique. Seeing her do it made him realize just how far back he was in the pecking order. He knew Ais was strong, he wasn't stupid... But seeing her perform something that took him years to do made him feel small.

.
.
.
.
.

The world around Ais became all so clear, she could feel everything inside the dome, she could see how the monsters move, how their muscles twitch, how their claw scratch the ground as they charge towards her, hoe Shakti was loading her spear with mana preparing to charge in along with her tames.

The feeling was exhilarating, Ais felt like she was seeing the world for the first time. A smirk slowly formed on her statue-like face, and as the monsters got closer, it formed into a predatory grin.

Chills ran up Shakti's spine when she saw the smile on Ais's face. It was the first time she ever saw the sword princess make that kind of expression. Gone was the stoic and blank stare, it was replaced with a somewhat feral look.

There was a bad feeling deep in Shakti's gut, one she chose to ignore, she needs to win this no matter what, so she swallowed the bubbling unease, and pushed on.

.
.
.

But what happened next was a massacre, in a blink of an eye, Ais slaughtered every monster that was charging at her. Blood splattered everywhere, as Ais mowed down everything in her path.

In a matter of minutes, only Shakti, and her two trolls remained. She was bloodied as she tried to defend Ais assault.

Right now they were exchanging blows at the middle of the stage with Ais being the one who holds the advantage.

*Roar!*

One of the trolls was charging at her with its club raised high in the air. "Tsk." She clicked her tongue in annoyance. The trolls were a pain in her ass, their regenerative ability made it annoying for Ais. And Shakti was always there to make sure that she couldn't deal the finishing blow.

Ais jumped back to dodge the club that came slamming at her, and with immaculate timing, Shakti delivered a stab at the small window that she had.

Ais blocked the spear, but the other troll was now in her space. It slammed its club at Ais side, but it only hit air as the sword princess jumped up. She then stabbed her rapier at the troll's left eye, twisting her sword as the blood spattered all over her.