Chapter 110

-15th floor of the dungeon.

Kiez was panting hard as he tried to slash another hellhound that pounced towards him. He was sweating profusely, every muscle fiber in his body is screaming for him to rest.

As his spear hit the monster, it didn't even faze it, it snarled as it opened its jaws to bite the spear user's head off.

He closed his eyes, waiting for the jaws of death, but instead he heard the sound of flesh being cut.

*Schlap*

August stood in front of him, with a relax face, he gave him a glance before turning back to the incoming monsters who charged at them.

With a relaxed motion, August calmly stab his spear forward, piercing right through a monsters throat, he then moved his grip at the end of his spear, and slammed his weapon at the other monsters that were coming, killing them all.

"You guys are getting sloppy." He called to his familia as he signal for Froke to throw him a potion. "Y'all are too passive, a lot of wasted movement, and you guys don't communicate at all." he caught the potion mid-air and extended his hand towards Kiez. "Here, drink this. And you guys, rest up for a bit."

He sighed as he looked at the state of the familia, seeing that they are all spent, tired, and a bit battered. At the start, he didn't step in, wanting to observe how they fight inside the dungeon, going as far as ordering Froke to not shoot her bow if it wasn't necessary.

At first, they were doing well, that's to be expected since out of the six members of the Heracles familia who stayed behind, 5 of them are level 2. Only Kiez who acted as a supporter in their dive is the only level 1 member of the party. But this time, August ordered him to move to the front line.

Froke is a much better and more experienced supporter, so having Kiez act as one would be counter productive, and August wanted to see if the rookie could hang with them if they ever dive to a deeper floor in the future.

Froke technically is also a level 1, but she has all her stats max out, making her way above the spear user, coupled with her experience and extraordinary aim with her bow, she's at least as valuable as a level 2 -And August now knew why she isn't a level 2 even though she already has a feat.-

But the only problem is, she's not a member of the familia, so August didn't want her to help unless necessary, ordering her to act as a true supporter. He wanted to see what they are truly capable of, and Froke would just make things easier. After all, even with just her and Denki in the past, they have manage to reach floor 17th, with August not helping unless necessary.

That was all because of Froke's shot calling, she was able to properly instruct Denki while also supporting him in the backline using extremely accurate shots with her bow.

Making it to the middle floor was a walk in the park, and August found it too easy, he couldn't gauge how strong they were. So to test them out, he used his mana dome, and took the path where mobs had spawn.

They had made it from what Denki told him, all the way to the 32nd floor, so his expectations were quite high. Especially after beati- welcoming them when he woke up. But this just made him realized that things aren't always what it seems. Sure they were strong but...

'They're completely lost without someone leading them' August thought while furrowing his brow. In the spar, he noticed that if it isn't Denki, it was Helga who was issuing command, and the communication between the party was good, everyone's doing their part. But without those two. 'Their teamwork isn't as good, they are fighting like they are alone.' he sighed after his observation.

"Nadia." August's voice made the elven archer snap her attention towards the captain. "Your the back line archer, it is your responsibility to call out where the opponent are coming from. You don't have to shoot everything you see. Call it out." He then turned to the pudgy mage. "And that goes for you too Oz. The two of you have a complete view of your party as they are fighting, use that to your advantage."