Chapter 99

Denki and the rest of Heracles familia were on their way back, climbing to the surface after two long days inside the dungeon. They were tired, especially during their ascent. Along the way, they encountered a total of four mobs. Despite their weariness, they all made it out, albeit not without injuries, especially Helga, who had acted as the primary tank.

Now, they were on the first floor, where every monster they encountered was unfortunate enough to cross their path. After one final turn, they finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

"FINALLY!!!" Katty raised her hands up in the air in joy. "A HOT BATH AND A GOOD MEAL!!!"

The rest of the familia chuckled, all agreeing with the sentiment of the petite adventurer.

"Yeah... Nothing beats those things after a few days of staying inside the dungeon," Helga nodded in agreement. "Especially if meat is on the menu."

Denki chuckled. "You said it!" he agreed wholeheartedly. "Speaking of meat... Kiez!"

Kiez groaned when he heard his name being called. Being the newest, youngest, and the only level 1 member meant that he was usually the one being ordered around to run errands. Not just by Denki, but everyone in the familia. He tiredly stepped forward.

Denki smiled wryly at Kiez, remembering himself when he was the rookie in Heracles familia, with August and Heracles both treating him as a slave. "Sorry about this, but I'm too tired as well," he passed the bag of their loot - mainly monster cores - to the poor lad. "Go exchange this at the guild and buy a feast at the hostess... You can do that, right?"

"Do I have a choice?" Kiez grumbled. After what they had been through, he also wanted to rest and lay down.

"No," Helga was the one who answered, trying hard not to laugh at the scrumped-up face Kiez was showing to everyone.

"Fine..." the poor lad answered. He really just wanted to get this over with and go home.

Jugo, who couldn't stop himself, let out a chuckle. He was amused by the facial expressions Kiez was showing to everyone.

Denki, seeing this, smiled at Jugo. "Oh, and Jugo... Go with him, will you?" Even though Denki was smiling, Jugo could only see a demon keeping him away from his bath and warm bed. "He'll probably need some help carrying all that food back home," Denki continued as he turned away, walking towards the direction back home, followed by the other members of Heracles familia, who all laughed at Jugo's dumbfounded expression as they passed by him.

Jugo had his mouth hanging open... And after a few moments, he screamed. "SON OF A BITCH!!!"

Kiez, on the other hand, just whispered to himself. "Serves you right."

.
.
.

Denki and the rest of the familia were only a few steps away from reaching Heracles' manor. But as they neared, they all came to a sudden halt.

*BOOM!*

*BOOM!*

*BOOM!*

Several violent explosions reached their ears. The sounds were coming from their home.

"WHAT THE HELL!!!" Ozwald yelled.

"Are we under attack?!" Katty hurriedly drew her weapon, her face snarling.

"WE NEED TO MOVE!!! NOW!!!" Helga snapped to attention, willing her mana to move all over her body as she drew the claymore on her back.

Everyone prepared to storm the house, determined to put a stop to whoever was causing the ruckus. Everyone except Denki...