Chapter 38

*August PoV*

I exited that alleyway with the knowledge that someone is targeting me. Unfortunately that guy didn't know shit, all he knew was that he received a job from an anonymous client and accepted since the pay was good.

But knowing someone is after me made me confused. As far as I knew I didn't make any enemies here or even outside of Orario. Should I tell the old man about this? Either way I'm pretty sure after tonight is all said and done they'll understand that going against me isn't gonna be easy.

I already made my way back home and was greeted by Denki at the front yard, he was swinging his sword as sweat came pouring out his body.

He saw me going in and stopped mid swing. He wiped the sweat off his face and called me.

"Yow captain! How'd it go with the idiots?" he asked as he took his stance once again.

"Well practically what we expected. The adventurers of Ganesha familia took them for their crimes. Pretty standard stuff." I answered back. "Hey is the old man around?"

"Oh he's in his office with someone. A small petite girl came here earlier looking for him. The two of them are still talking there." He said as he started swinging his sword again.

"Hmmm..." I nod as I watch him swing his katana. He's dragging, I'm not an expert in katana combat but I know for a fact that he is dragging his left as he swing making his strike predictable.

As he swung I dive at his space brandishing my spear to block his sword and in the same motion I sent a low kick targeting his heel. The kick sent him off balance making it easier for me to grab his arm and throw him over my shoulder slaming him in the ground.

"ARGHH!" He groaned as his back bounced off the pavement, I then stab my spear at the side of his head narrowly missing it. His eyes went wide as he looked at me, both confused and angry. "What the fuck was that?" he asked.

"You have a tell." I said as I smiled at him, his face winced and cringe at that.

"Well fuck, thank you for beating me up instead of just telling me like what a normal person would do!" He answered, his voice filled with sarcasm.

"Well fuck you too, I was just trying to help." I offer my hand which he took and I pulled him up. "And the best way to help you is to let you experience first hand what would happen if you didn't fix that tell of yours."

"Yeah yeah, so what's the tell?" he asked as he wiped the dirt off his arse.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." I answered as I made my way into the old man's office.

I can feel his eyes staring holes in the back of my head as I walked away from him. I'm pretty sure I can feel he was holding himself from releasing his mana. I chuckle softly as I can hear him yelling profanities at me while swinging his sword again.

I could tell him that he's dragging his left foot forward whenever he seeing for an overhead slash but I want him to realise that himself. He needs to learn from his mistakes much like I did when the old man taught me how to fight.

I made my way in front of my god's office and made sure to knock first. Denki did say that it was a girl who lord Heracles took in his office. I didn't want to barge in and see something that may end up with his mace up my ass.

"Come in." he said and I opened the door only to find the old man sitting at the table with his hands folded in his chest looking down at what appears to be a small petite lady in a dogeza pose. "Oh it's just you August. Denki said you went to Ganesha. How did it go?"

I can't even answer his question right now, I mean how can I? Is that lady Hestia? Why in the name of all the gods in heaven and earth is she in the position right now? A dogeza? What the fuck is going on?