Chapter 29

*Narration*

Their two aura clashed as the pressure from it made lesser adventurers faint by its sheer magnitude.

August gripped his weapon hard, his eyes glued towards the werewolf that was in front of him. He can feel his mana raging inside of him. "Let's do this partner." he said softly towards his spear as it vibrates in his hands.

Bete did the same, making an X in front of him as he crouched low to the ground, digging his feet deep in it. He took his stance, at any moment he was poised to strike.

A thundering sound fills the air as the two simultaneously charge at each other, their speed blindingly fast as they brandish their weapon in a tempest of blow.

August jab his spear straight forward, and Bete seeing this reacted in a blink of an eye, using one of his swords to parry and the other to launch a counter attack.

As Bete parried the spear, August moved with the blow and spun dodging the sword that was heading at his biceps, as he did he used both his hands and held his spear at the tip using it like a bat and slamming it vertically towards the werewolf.

Bete used his legs to block the incoming attack, his greaves blocking the blow of August and siphoning mana as well. He used the momentum of the blow to deliver a front flip axe kick hitting August in the shoulder.

The blow staggered August, but he took advantage of the hit, with a twist of his hands he delivered a sneaky hit at Bete's calf drawing blood which Beowulf greedily devoured, which in turn gave August another boost of speed, strength, and mana. His skill Lethal tempo and Beowulf's greed are making him stronger and stronger as the fight rages on.

August then used his palm, charging it with mana and slamming it at Bete's solar plexus blowing him away.

'How much mana does this bastard have?' Bete was confused as he flies in the air, he had siphoned August multiple times using his artifact. The Flosvirt a pair of mithril boots that are able to absorb magic and use its power to increase the wielder's own power.

He landed on his feet but August was already rushing him with a barrage of stabs with his spear. He didn't have the time to think about the mana capacity of August, instead he focused entirely on blocking and dodging the hail of blades.

A stab got inside his guard as the blade of the spear grazed his cheek drawing blood from it and as he did he was shocked that August suddenly became faster and stronger.

*Schloop*

A blindingly fast blow threatened to impale his head, his instinct screamed at him and using his reflexes he dodged the blow by leaning his body back his head near at the ground.

Bete used his hands as he let his momentum carry him, doing a hand stand he decided to deliver an attack of his own as he blasted August with multiple kicks hitting him at his abdominal, chest, and head.

August was pushed up in the air, he did not expect a counter from Bete at that angle and it was too fast for him to block or dodge since he over extended on his part when he went for his head. The blow discombobulated him and sent him in a bad spot.

And Bete was experienced enough to take advantage of this, he pushed himself up and charged up his mana into his sword making them glow a light blue hue.

August can see Bete coming in his peripheral vision, he was in the air and he knows that he is in a vulnerable spot. Seeing that he won't come out of Bete's attack unharmed he decided to trade blows with him. 'If I get hit I'm making sure I'll hit you back as well.' he thought to himself as he charged his weapon with his mana. "COME!!!"