Chapter 25

*Heracles PoV*

I got inside the office of Ganesha as he sat down and offered me a seat, he then ordered one of his children to bring us some refreshments and some snacks which arrived moments later. He then ordered for her to give us privacy to talk.

"Heracles, it is so good to see you doing well, lovely weather we have today don't you think? He started as he smiled happily, showing his pearly whites.

"Cut to the chase Ganesha, you know that I have little patience in small talks." I answered him, looking straight at his eyes.

His smile vanished as his expression became serious. He moved his hand inside his drawer and took a piece of paper from it.

"How is the boy?" he asked me.

"Is this what it is about? August?"

He nods his head and slides the paper towards me. "August Kaiser, the son of Siegfried Kaiser who is a member of my familia. I would advise you to look after him well, most of my children want him to leave you and join me. I'm afraid that they may do something drastic because of it. They believe that his rightful place should be with us."

I picked the paper and saw that it was a letter from his familia, specifically the lady adventurer I met 9 years ago. Shakti Varma. The letter states that August should be under their care, that Ganesha should ask for the boy to join them or use force such as issuing a wargame if needed. It also states that Beowulf the boy's spear rightfully belongs to Ganesha familia and to use this fact as a form of rightful challenge towards me.

"Hmmm... And what do you think about all of this?" I asked Ganesha for his opinion on the matter.

"I am a god who believes in free will Heracles. From the report 9 years ago, my captain asked August to join us instead of traveling the outside world with you. The boy chose you, and I respect his decision. As for the spear I have given it to his father as a gift and therefore it is his and solely his. That is my stance on this matter. But I'm afraid the majority of my familia disagree with my decision." he took a deep breath and continued. "Shakti is close with Siegfried, and she grew fond of the boy as they spent time together all those years ago. She is the one who is pushing the most in regards to this issue. They listen to me but I established my familia as a free democratic one, as I said I believe in free will. I will try to find a compromise but I can't guarantee much."

"And why are you warning me? The boy is strong and he would make a fine addition to your familia, I'm in a vulnerable spot right now and as you said you can use the spear as a probable cause for issuing a challenge for a wargame. Most gods would jump at this chance. Why aren't you?"

"Because I know that doing so would be a waste. August has no doubt grown fond of you, has bonded with you. He already considered you as his god. If I took this chance he may likely rebel and would not do me any good. His progression would stagnate and he would hit a wall. I don't want that for the son of my child."

"about this compromise, what do you have in mind?" I asked him, curious on what he would do if ever he was pressured by his familia in pursuing August in the future.

"I'm gonna use Lord Hades's proposition as a stage. We both know that the boy can't fight multiple level 5 at the same time no matter how strong you think he is. At least with this he would stand a chance. I do hope that your boy lives up to the confidence that you had set in him."

"So you're making it a multiple one on one match. And since you have the most amount of level 5 in the city your familia won't be able to make any excuses in the event that they'll lose since the odds are heavily in your favor."

"Yes... But if your boy loses then I'm afraid I have no more say in the matter and I would have to take him from your hands whether I like it or not."

I closed my eyes and massaged the bridge of my nose. I know what he is saying is right, August will have a chance in a one on one. He would likely win the whole thing if I'm completely honest but do I really trust this god? What he's saying is doable, I believe in my child strength, but I really don't like trusting other gods.