Chapter 104

-16th floor

A feral scream echoed through the deep middle floors of the dungeon as Bell charged forth, daggers poised to strike. With every move, a monster fell, and with every slash, blood splattered across him.

A hellhound leaped at his back, but he quickly spun, delivering a powerful kick to its side. The monster snarled, preparing to unleash fire from its jaws.

"Burn out, dark magic! Will-o-wisp!" Welf swiftly cast his spell, causing the fire in the hellhound's jaw to go berserk as it was forcefully shoved back into its body. With a resounding boom, the hellhound exploded into dust, instantly killed.

*ROAR!!!* A minotaur charged towards the red-headed adventurer, who was now in extremely bad shape. His skin was pale, and the dark circles around his eyes had deepened. He was on the verge of entering mind zero.

"WATCH OUT!!!" Lili shrieked as she released multiple arrows from her crossbow, aiming at the charging beast.

Her arrows bounced off the minotaur's hard skin, but it provided enough distraction for Bell to jump in front of Welf. He slashed at the minotaur's neck and then stabbed his other dagger straight into the monster's ear, piercing its brain and killing it before it could yelp in pain.

The three of them were panting; for the past two hours or so, they had been running and fighting non-stop.

Looking forward, the dark corridors of the dungeon blocked their views. One more floor, one more, and they would reach the 18th floor, the safe zone.

By now, they were at their limits, especially Bell and Welf. Lili wasn't faring any better; her level 1 body wasn't suited for going this deep into the dungeon.

But they all knew they had to push forward; they all knew they needed to be strong to survive.

.
.
.
.
.

-At the surface. Heracles manor.

*30 mins before noon*

Denki returned, feeling quite pleased with himself for successfully gaining more firepower for their search. He opened the door, expecting more people to show up, but was shocked at the downcast faces of the individuals inside the manor.

Before he could ask, a loud, angry yell echoed throughout the manor.

"ARE YOU FUCKING IDIOTIC?!!" It was Heracles' voice, and by the sound of it, he was really angry. "TELL ME?!! ARE YOU EVEN THINKING STRAIGHT?!!! YOU WANT TO GO INSIDE THE DUNGEON ALONG WITH THEM?!! I KNOW YOU HAVE SHIT FOR BRAINS, BUT NOT TO THIS FUCKING EXTENT!!!"

"You don't understand... I need to do this... I-I need to make sure that Bell is safe." Hestia's voice made Denki understand why the room seemed so tense.

He walked closer towards Helga, and with a whisper, he asked, "Lady Hestia's coming with us?" His voice sounded worried, knowing it is highly forbidden for a god to enter the dungeon.

"Yeah, and Lord Heracles is trying to talk her out of it. Not only that, another god wants to come along with us as well," Helga answered, her voice serious. "Your plan to have Lady Hestia and Lord Heracles' name on the quest worked, perhaps a little too much. We were able to pull in a level 4 to join the search, but her god wanted to come along."

"Damn... This is getting more complicated," Denki sighed. "Why did the captain have to go at this time?"

Helga sighed as well, agreeing that this was starting to feel too complicated. She was grateful for the help, but bringing two gods inside the dungeon was outside her comfort zone. "How's your end? Were you able to ask Mia for help?"