Chapter 32

*Narration*

It has been two days since August and Bete had their "friendly spar" and right now the two of them had fully recovered from their injuries.

August was cooped up in his bed and was thinking of stretching his body, so he did some light exercise on the river on the 18th floor to work up some sweat.

The wind rages at every move August did with his spear. He was image training as he imagined his fight with Bete. He made some mistakes and with this he looked to improve his self more.

As his fast blows made a whistling sound that cuts through air, his body drenched in sweat as his mind recalled every detail of the fight.

'I was to slow on the counter, I could've dodge and still connected with a decent blow. The old man is right. I relied too much on Beowulf instead of my own skill. If it wasn't for it I couldn't have kept up with him.' his thoughts took over as his movement became even sharper making the rivers move with his every slash as powerful winds blew with him.

With a final grunt he did his sharpest blow of the day as the air cut a tree in the distance. He breathes heavily as he holds the pose, holding his spear above his shoulder and bringing his center of gravity near the ground.

"Well no use in thinking about the pass." he talked to himself and took a deep breath. He then took a dip as the cool water of the river rinsed the dirt and sweat off his body.

After his refreshing dip in the river, August made his way back to the camp. The adventurers of Loki's familia had already left for the surface earlier which he was thankful for. He found that talking to them would be awkward after what had happened.

"Guess I'll climb up now. The old man must be worried by now. Knowing him he'll be fuming, I guess I should buy him a pint of ale from the hostess to ease his anger." He sighs and makes his way out of the dungeon.

.
.
.
.
.

-Adventurers guild.

"YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOR THREE DAYS!!!" That was the first thing that August heard when he stepped inside the adventurers guild. Sophie was tearing him a new one as she sermons him about how he should warn her if he's going to stay in the dungeon for a long period of time.

"Well things got complicated..." August said softly as he had his head hung low. He really didn't intend to stay inside for three days but circumstances dictated otherwise.

"Complicated my ass. What exactly happened?" Sophie asked as she stared daggers towards August.

"Well I might have been too injured inside the dungeon to move as my body entered mind zero..." the more he spoke the sharper Sophie looked at him which made him stop.

"Look August... I know that you're strong, it's just that the dungeon is a very dangerous place, especially if you're alone. Hell even the most experienced team of adventurers loses a member inside, some of them even get wiped out so you can understand why I worry about these things."

"Yeah yeah... Sorry about that. I'll be careful, promise." August smiled at Sophie which in turn made her blush. She hurriedly arranged some papers as an excuse to hide her face from August.

"You better..." she said softly.

They talked more and August cashed his loots from the dungeon, after that August said his goodbyes and exited the guild. He made his way towards the hostess of fertility to get something to eat as well as buy booze to bribe his god so that he won't get mad. He firmly believes that bribery is the way to avoid conflict and stood by that belief with all his heart.