Chapter 101

***

Felt like I had to edit it, as I was cringing at how bad the grammar and spelling were. So here's the edited chapter. Sorry about posting the unedited one yesterday, I was too tired and wanted to sleep.

-TheManCandy

***

Denki gulped as he felt the overwhelming mana released by August. "H-how is he this much stronger?" he muttered, his voice in utter disbelief. And he was right...

Helga unconsciously lost her firm grip on her claymore. She knew that the boy standing in front of her had a level advantage. She knew that she was way below her league. But this... This is too much.

Lysander was nailed to the spot, unable to move. The pressure August exuded was pushing him down. His heart beat fast, and chills ran up and down his spine.

Bors, who had just gotten up, fell back down on his knees. The veteran could hardly breathe.

Eira, the most sensitive of the bunch when it comes to mana, couldn't stop shaking. Her eyes held a look of disbelief. She had never felt mana as dense as this coming from a mortal.

Thorne's instincts screamed at him, warning him to run, to leave. Then they screamed at him not to move, that if he does... He'll be cut.

But perhaps the most affected out of everyone facing August was Katty. She was hiding, her skill "Stealth" allowing her to avoid detection as long as she concealed herself and hid her mana. She had planned on taking August by surprise, slipping away and hiding when the fight started.

But all of that was thrown out the window when she felt his mana. She dreaded imagining what would have happened if she had gone with her plan.

All of them could feel the grasp of death clenching their hearts, its scythe aimed at their necks. And what's worse is the realization... They all knew it as well... He was still holding back.

"He's not serious, right?" Thorne asked, his voice shaky. "T-This has got to be some kind of test."

Denki gritted his teeth, trying desperately to control his breathing. He willed his mana to move as his katana glowed an orange autumn hue. "No... He is serious," he said, looking at the team he had now grown to trust. "Weapons ready," he issued his command.

Thorne shook his head, chuckling as he gripped his daggers forward. "You're as crazy as your captain," he muttered.

"If you don't have any plans on coming," August's voice entered their ears, snapping them to attention. They all gripped their weapons tightly, their eyes peeled at their captain.

And in an instant, August vanished from where he stood, appearing in the middle of the bundled-up group. "Then I'll be coming to you," his voice carried a frightening chilliness, making the hair of the group stand on the back of their heads.

Lysander was the one who moved first. Due to his gladiatorial days, he was quick to adapt to every situation. He slashed forward, aiming for August's shoulder.

The two level 3s had sprung to action as well, with Denki stabbing his katana forward, while Helga pushed both Eira and Thorne back, opting to protect their two weakest -Physical- fighters from August, while also slashing her blade upwards, aiming for August's chest.

"Great reaction time..." August complimented. He then moved his spear to block Denki's blow, took a step forward making Lysander hit him only with his wrist and not his blade, while also lifting his right foot up, placing his boots at Helga's hand, completely blocking her attack.

He blocked and negated all three attacks at the same time, but by now, the group was not surprised by such a feat. They knew just how strong their captain is.