Chapter 73

The gods marveled at what they were watching on stage, they are on par with everything, be it speed, strength, and skill. Even their magic is similar as both use enchantment type magic to boost their overall stats way above the level 5 threshold.

Everything they threw against one another was received and thrown back. There was an unending exchange of offense and defense that flows in every move they make.

The gods can only speculate how much they would grow in the future. The two of them are only 16 summers old. Incredibly young yet their talent seems to have no limit.

They can see it in plain sight... Ais and August are improving at every exchange they have. The two fighters refused to be outdone by their opponent, if Ais improved in their fight, August would catch up to her and pass her, and Ais would do the same.

Athena, Freya, and Ares, the three war gods grimaced at the terrifying sight of two mortals adopting and improving their skills at a pace that is plain to see for everyone. The war gods knew that with the pace that they were going, the two of them would sooner or later stand on top of every mortal.

Buddha for the first time since in who knows how long was silent, his whole undivided attention is on the match, he watched as sparks flew every time their weapons collide. Their mana mixing and mashing with one another, a beautiful radiant glow of red and green intertwine at every blow they throw. Both battling for dominance, trying to devour each other.

Their styles both complement and counter one another, as Ais could out-speed and out-maneuver August due to her weapon of choice and blitzing style of fighting. Yet August could control the space and out-flank Ais due to the superior reach and unrelenting style.

Neither one was giving an inch against the other, they are both prioritizing their offense as the two of them excel in the art. A slash here, a counter there, their weapons cut through the air as a violent clang echoes all over the arena, again and again and again.

Wounds started to appear in both fighters as the small cuts line crimson in their bodies. This made Heracles feel uneasy. 'What is happening?' he thought to himself.

'How could he keep up with August? His skill should be overwhelming her by now.' Heracles couldn't comprehend how the sword princess could exchange blow for blow against August. 'With all the wounds the Ais is receiving, Lethal tempo should be activating by now and she would literally be left in the dust... How is she keeping up?'

He wondered if the skill wasn't activating. But it was, Lethal tempo was in full bloom, with every drop of Ais's blood, August became faster, stronger, more precise and lethal... Yet Ais could still keep up, surprising both August and Heracles.

It was because she was improving on an exponentially fast pace as well, not because of a skill, she was growing the old fashion way, for the first time, Ais had found an opponent where she could let loose, where there is no fear of accidentally killing her challenger, that is capable of defeating her even with her going all out. This made Ais unconsciously let go of her hesitation, and with it, made the block she had cast on herself to unravel.

For the first time in her life, fighting was fun... The trill of it was fun, there was no guarantee that she was gonna win, she didn't have to hold herself back because she will undoubtedly lose if she did. The wounds he received hurts, but at the same time it filled her with joy. 'This is...' "FUN!!!" she smiled as a chuckle escaped her lips. Her eyes glowed, her mana was running wild inside her body, she could feel her muscle straining with every blow she threw and blocked.

No more was the stoic stone-like statue impression that Ais wore exclusively on her face. Right now, her face was filled with emotions, emotions that are previously unknown to the young female adventurer.