Chapter 4:- Memories

"Ayansh, beta (son) stop crying. Your papa is on his way." Tripti tried to calm down crying Ayansh while lightly patting his back, and walking back and forth with him in her arms.

After a few minutes, Abhinav's voice echoed in the living room but it was suppressed by Ayansh's loud crying.

Abhinav took crying Ayansh in his arms and cooed at him.

He took him to his playroom, to distract him a bit. But... It doesn't seem to be working.

"Ayansh, what happened?? Why are you crying? Did someone scolded you?"
He shook his head negatively.

"Do you want chocolates? "
He again shook his head negatively.

"What do you want baby??"
He again asked him and this time Ayansh spoke.

"Papa...." He wailed. Till now his face had turned red from crying for so long and it was worrying Abhinav too much.

At this moment he feels like he will even give the whole world to Ayansh if he asks for it but right now at least he should say something instead of just crying.

"Papa...mumma...." Abhinav's hand halted on Ayansh's back, which he was patting till now.

In the past 4 years, he never cried for this reason. Abhinav never let him feel that he doesn't have a mother. But today... Where he went wrong?? Where he was lacking in becoming a good father??

He came out of his trance when his mother shook him. Ayansh was still crying but not too loud like earlier.

"Did he tell why he is crying?" Tripti asked Abhinav, whose eyes were now teary.

But before Abhinav can say anything, Ayansh again wailed.

"Papa...I wan (want) mumma" he threw his little arms around his Papa's neck.

Tripti was standing there like she had turned into a stone. She didn't expected Ayansh to cry for his mother. Yes, she knew one day he will but..not so suddenly, out of nowhere that too after 4 years.

Both of them didn't know what to say. Abhinav was going to give him the whole world if he asked for it but what now? Ayansh just wants a mother. But at this moment Abhinav was feeling that getting a mother for Ayansh was must more strenuous than getting the whole damn world for him.

Both of them were trying to make Ayansh stop crying but no today he was in no mood to listen to anyone.

Suddenly, a voice other than Ayansh's cry was heard in the room. Everyone looked at the source.

Here he was. Ayansh's Krish chachu (uncle) or to be more precise, his Klish chachu (Krish uncle). That's how he pronounces.

"Hey, champ!! Do you want to eat chocolates??" Ayansh shook his head negatively, still sniffing. Because now he too had only little energy left in him to cry. He again hugged his papa's neck.

"Ok, no problem! So, My champ wants to drink a chocolate milkshake?? " Ayansh loves chocolate. Ayansh hates milk. He had both of them but this chocolate milkshake was something very new for him. He stopped sniffing and looked at his chachu (uncle), with puffy eyes.

Krish showed him his (Ayansh) favourite space-themed sipper. He handed it to him and he showed him his glass.

Ayansh looked at the sipper in his hand and then at the glass which his chachu (uncle) was holding. Krish understood what he was thinking. So, he opened his sipper's cap and showed it to Ayansh, that both of them had the same thing: a chocolate milkshake.