Chapter 14.

"Hey," he says, standing in my doorway.

I pull my covers off and get out of my bed. "You found my room?"

"Took me a few tries," he smiles. "But, yeah, I found it."

I pull him in by the front of his shirt and close the door behind him. "What's up?"

He heads over to my bed and lays down on it like it's his, his legs sprawling out as he holds himself up on his elbow. "Not much, really. I kind of wanted to watch your chick flick with you."

I head back to my bed and grab his ankles, forcing his legs closer together. Then I crawl back to my spot.

"Do you not know how to keep your hands to yourself?"

I scoff. "I don't want to hear it. You were taking up my whole bed."

I don't know why he's here, but I'm not mad. And I'm not about to tell him to leave either.

"How's your face?"

Grayson sighs, sitting up and leaning against my headboard. "Hurts like a bitch. But Hale didn't notice."

"He'll definitely notice tomorrow," I say, distracted by the movie. From the corner of my eye, I watch him open his jaw and close it a few times. I sigh and get out of my bed again.

No one is downstairs, so I can snatch an ice pack from the freezer and run back upstairs without being seen. I toss the ice pack to Grayson and climb back into my spot.

"Aw, thanks, Lay-Lay." He presses it to his jaw and winces. My phone buzzes somewhere as the movie continues to play. I push Grayson's arm and find it by his shoulder. He's too preoccupied watching the screen to say anything.

It's Iris.

Iris: What is this?

Then a photo comes through. It's a screenshot from Liam's Instagram page. Hayley is sitting on his lap, and another girl I don't know is at his side. He's holding his middle finger up at the camera with his other arm around Haley's waist.

The taste in my mouth turns terrible. Liam chose her, after all.

"What is it?" Grayson asks. I hand him my phone.

Grayson just laughs. "Who does this piece of shit think he is?"

"I wish I knew." He hands my phone back, and I no longer feel so bad seeing that photo. "He told me that he's sorry and wants me back, and I don't respond for a few days, and he goes and does this. Ass."

"Don't worry. He didn't deserve to have you again anyway," Grayson mumbles, his voice growing sleepy. "You only fuck up that bad once."

My stomach flutters. I lay down in my bed, ready to sleep. Grayson's eyes fall shut. He's still holding the ice pack to his face.

I reach over and grab it out of his cold hand.

"Kade's coming over in the morning." His voice is so soft it's almost a whisper. "We're gonna get breakfast. Do you wanna come?"

"Sure," I say, tossing the ice pack to the nightstand beside him. He smells so good. Sweet, but masculine at the same time. I rest my head on my pillow and study his profile briefly. His eyes are still closed, and at some point, his breathing turns heavy. He's asleep.

My light is still on, but I'm so close to falling asleep that I can't get up to turn it off. I turn off the TV and nestle into my bed. Grayson's breathing and the rain pattering against my window lull me to sleep, and I'm down within minutes.

— — —

Grayson is still next to me when I wake up, and my light is still on. His back is to me now, and he's curled into himself. He looks so content while he sleeps I almost don't feel like waking him up. I place a hand on his shoulder, and he wakes up with a heavy inhale.