Chapter 3 - Pathetic

When I finally got our of the bathroom after taking a much needed shower, Alice is cleaning the dining table. She looked up when she heard me open the bathroom door. "Hey, change of plans. Since it's already mid afternoon, how about we just stay in for the rest of the day and we'll explore Venice tomorrow morning till after lunch since our flight to Macau won't be till the evening?" She suggests smiling at me.

"Actually, that sounds perfect. With everything that heppened or is happening I feel exhausted. It's like my body is shutting down." I said smiling sadly.

"Yeah, I know how that feels. Been there done that." Alice says chuckling sofly. That perked my interest in hearing that story. Taking a mental note to ask her the story someday.

"Where's oppa?" I asked looking around.

"After we decided not to go out. He said while we're choosing what to order for room service he's going to buy some gelato for dessert. In hoping to lift your spirit up even if it's just for a while." Upon hearing that it made my heart feel a little better even if it's just for a while. And at this moment I promised myself that I'll also take good care and protect Alice and manager oppa.

Now, as I'm eating my chocolate chip gelato and having a wonderful time. I have a question for them that I may not like the answer to. "Hey, I want to ask you guys a question but if your answer makes me look a pathetic I'd rather not hear it." Not looking up out of embarrassment.

Alice reached out her hand, grabbed mine and squeezed it tightly. "There was not a time that we thought of you as pathetic. Do you hear me?" Looking up and seeing sincerity in her eyes, then at oppa who also reflected the same expression, nods at her statement.

Exhaling the breath I have unintentionally been holding I finally had the courage to ask. "When exactly did you know my feelings for Jennie unnie was more than just friendship?"

It took a few minutes before one of them replied. Unexpectedly, it was oppa who answered first. "For me, it was the time when the news about Jennie and EXO'S Kai went viral. I already had an inkling way before that time that you liked her." I looked at him shocked. "You had just finished recording some songs and we we're on our way to the dorm." He says smiling softly at me. He continued "I was still driving when I heard you gasped while looking at your phone, you were trying to stifle it but I still heard you. Then after a few minutes I heard you crying softly. I pretended not to hear but still occasionally checking on you in the rearview mirror."

"When we were almost at the dorm you hurriedly cleaned yourself up. We got to the basement parking, then got on the elevator in silence. At your door I decided to just ask you what's wrong. You said that you just miss your family and said good night. I didn't believe you but I just let you be. I didn't bring my phone with me so when I got into the car I checked my phone and there I finally knew why."

Still not believing that he already knew a long time ago, Alice spoke "For me, it was just the small things you did for her. The obvious one is the way you look at her. Taking the time to ask her if she already ate, protecting her from the paparazzies or the crazy crowd. Holding her hands when you know she's scared."

We sat there silently for a while. "After hearing that, I do feel a little pathetic pining over a woman I know that will never reciprocate my feelings." Snickering at my self.

"You're not. You're just a person in love. We're all like that when we love somebody." Alice says with determination.