Chapter 14 - Letting go

Today is the second concert day here in Thailand and my whole body aches. We're now on the encore part of it. Just a little bit more and I can finally rest. I give it my all for the Blinks who came to see us.

When the lights went dark I head straight to the waiting room. I lay down on the sofa. Shit shit shit! The pain in my back is now unbearable. It's like my entire back is cramping. Upon hearing people entering the room I quickly covered my eyes with my arm to cover the tears that are about to come out.

Thankfully it was Alice who came in first. "Lisa-ya, is something wrong?" She heads straight to me. Worry obvious in her voice.

"What happened?" Chaeyoung rushes to me upon hearing Alice. I hear several pairs of feet rushing in.

"It's nothing my back just hurts a little."

Someone removes my arm from my face. "It's not nothing if it's making you cry." Jennie unnie says. Worry etched on her face. I close my eyes.

"I'm gonna call the PT. I'll be right back." Alice says.

"Wait. Can you tell Wonjae oppa to stall my family just until the pain subsides. I don't want them to see me like this. Please." I plead. She nods hurrying down the hall to the other room.

Chaeyoung kneels beside the couch and wipes the tears that escaped. "What do you need?" She holds my hand. I could tell by her voice that she's about to cry too so I open my eyes to look at her.

I squeeze her hand and lift it for her to see. "Just this until the therapist comes." I smile through the pain.

I see Jisoo unnie moves near my head. She bends down to give me a kiss on my forehead. A few more tears escapes not because of the pain but because of the simple gesture saying that she's there if I need anything. It's rare for Jisoo unnie to initiate this kind of physical touch. She stands up again and just keeps stroking my hair.

Jennie unnie silently sits on the back of the couch and reaches for my hand to hold in hers. Stroking her thumb on the back of my hand.

Situations like this just make me so grateful that I have them by my side. This is also the reason why I decided to stop being angry anymore.

"Thank you." I say sincerely. I close my eyes again while waiting for Alice.

After a few minutes the therapist finally arrives.

"Call us if you need anything." Jisoo unnie says. I nod as they give way for the therapist.

***

Now on my back able to breathe steadily again, I thanked the therapist for the help. She orders me to lie still for a few minutes or until I really need to move. "Yes ma'am." I say jokingly.

Closing my eyes to rest for a while I hear footsteps coming towards me. Even without opening my eyes I know instantly who it is just by her smell. I feel her lift my legs by my ankles and sit down. Putting my legs on her lap. She doesn't say anything neither did I.

I must have fallen asleep for a few minutes. I wake up to someone softly shaking me. "Lisa-ya, Alice is calling you."

I sit up as Jennie unnie hands me my phone. Did she sit here the whole time I was sleeping? Grabbing the phone from her about to answer it. I see Alice rush in the room looking panicked.

"Hurry! Your family is on their way here."

"Shit." I run to check myself in the mirror. Thankfully, I don't look like a zombie. Rosie hands me her lipstick. I smile at her quickly fixing my appearance.