Chapter 33 - Future

We just finished our Paris day two concert and we are now resting in the artists room while our team are packing things up.

Jennie unnie is sitting with Jisoo unnie on the couch opposite mine and Rosie. Just watching her chatting away and laughing with unnie makes me smile. I must've been looking too long that I hear Rosie laughing at me.

"What?" I ask looking at her.

"Unnie will melt away with you looking at her like that." She says teasingly.

"Oh, shut up." Playfully shoving her. The two of us laughing got the unnies attention.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Jennie unnie asks.

Rosie was about to answer her but I cover her mouth with my hand before she could. "It's nothing unnie. This one ju- Hey! Stop it, that tickles." Rosie counters by tickling my sides.

Losing my grip on her she puts me in a playful but firm headlock. "I was teasing this one because she looked like a lovesick idiot while looking at you." She pauses. "Oh wait! You are a lovesick idiot." She says as a matter of fact. She loosens her grip on me.

Seeing as Rosie just casually talking about me and Jennie unnie, and Jisoo unnie just laughing at it, she must have talked to them about us at some point. I'm actually relieved she talked to them and now, we don't have to tiptoe around each other.

"Well, she's not the only one." Jennie unnie says smiling at me.

I feel myself blushing. I look away to try and hide it. I hear someone belly laughing, knowing right away who it belongs to. "Waah Lalisa! This is the first time I'm seeing you blush like that." Jisoo unnie says. I hear the other two chuckling.

Couldn't think of a response to that, I just deny it."I am not blushing!" I say and cover my face with my blanket. Still hearing them laughing I cover my ears with my hands. I plan to stay this way until my face is back to normal.

As I'm trying to calm down I couldn't stop myself from smiling, remembering Jennie unnie's response earlier. I feel Rosie get up from the couch and comes back seconds later. She must've reached for something on the table. Food I reckon. I chuckle thinking I was right.

I feel someone pulling the blanket from my face. I was wrong. It wasn't Rosie who I thought sat back down again, it was Jennie unnie taking her place.

"Come on, let me see your pretty face." She says softly. I glance at the other two, they're now on their own world gossiping about something on unnie's phone.

"Hi." She says after successfully pulling the blanket off my face.

Remembering something, I playfully squint at her and say. "I clearly remember you calling me duckface last night." Pulling back the blanket over me.

Stopping me, she grabs it and throws it behind her, out of my reach. She leans towards me, her face now a few inches away from mine and says. "And I remember clearly that I said I love you."

If anyone is watching us right now and heard Jennie unnie, to them it may looked like she just said it nonchalantly. But to me, who was looking her straight in the eyes, her eyes said it differently. It sends shivers down my spine, in a good way.

"So that cancels out the duckface comment." She continues, breaking the trance we were both in. "Since we won't be seeing each other for a few days let's spend what time we have left like this." Pulling my arm over her and putting it around her shoulders.

Catching on to her intentions, I pull her to me. I close my eyes and sigh in delight. We were silent for a while. I was absentmindedly caressing her arm when she breaks the silence. "When you arrive back home, can I come over to your place?" She asks shyly.

Her asking made my giddy inside. I liked that she was already thinking of the future even though it was just a few days ahead. In my defense, a few days ago I thought we never had a future together. And now, I could even hope for a future where we could grow old together. That thought alone makes me excited for what's to come.

"I'd like that, unnie." I reply, cupping her cheek to make her look at me. "Very much." Her expression changes from timid to happy in a second.

"When did you tell those two about us?" I ask her. Tilting my head at the two.

"It was on our flight to London for the Hyde Park show."

Wait, that was before her break up with him.

"Yes, it was." Crap.

"Did I say that out loud?" I ask dumbly.

"Yup." She answers, popping the 'p' sound.

"Sorry." I apologize.

She puts a hand on my chest. "Don't be. You can ask me about everything Lisa-ya. Even if it's a sensitive topic, I won't be offended." She says seriously.

"You're right and you can do the same with me." I was about to tell her something when we hear a knock on the door.

Alison pokes her head through the small opening she made. I was about to remove my hands around unnie when her eyes lands on us. I thought she was going to say something about it but it doesn't come.

"The car's ready for Jennie and Jisoo." She looks back at us before slipping out. Even with my bad eyesight, I saw her smirking before closing the door. She's Jennie unnie's right hand, of course she knows too. I smile at the thought.

The unnies are heading home first as Rosie and I still have things to do here. I loosen my hold on unnie as she stands. As I follow her she looks at me questionably.

"I'll walk you to the car." I say leaving no space for arguments.

"Fine." Grabbing her things. "I better not hear you complain later for making you walk. Are we clear?"

"Yes ma'am." Playfully saluting her.

"Come on lovebirds, it's time to go." Jisoo unnie teasing us as she exits the room.

I grab unnie's hand and pull her towards the door. "I'll be back Chaeyoung-ah." Looking back at her

"You don't have to!" She replies, sticking her tongue out at me.

I stick out mine in response. Jennie unnie laughs beside me. "Kids." Shaking her head at us. "I'll see you back home Rosie."

"Okay, unnie." She says lovingly.

I gasp at the difference. I didn't have the time to respond when unnie pulls me through the door. "You both are just so childish sometimes." She laughs making me laugh too.

My laughter dies down as I see people staring at us. Remembering I was still holding unnie's hand, I start to pull away thinking it might make her uncomfortable. But she just grabs it back and interlocks our fingers. When I look at her, she just smiles shrugging.

Well, if she doesn't mind the stares, who am I to refuse her.

Note: Double update! Keep scrolling 😉