Chapter 18 - Pain

After I got down the stage mid performance, they immediately rushed me to the nearest hospital. There, they pricked and prodded me more. Thankfully, after a few hours of rest I felt a little better. I think my body couldn't keep up with my gruelling schedule anymore between being stressed, the long flights, jet lag, concerts and events I had to do.

I made a mental note to apologize to the Blinks who attended tonight's show. They must have been disappointed when I walked off stage. Deep down, I know they'll understand but I still owe them an apology.

By now, they must have wrapped up at the concert and on their way to the hotel. I know the girls did a good job at filling up the stage while I was gone.

I'm alone in my hospital room right now because I told Alison to go get some food for herself. My phone rings, I know who it is immediately by the ringtone. My boyfriend. He must have seen some clips of the concert by now.

"Oppa." I answer the phone. Positioning the phone so he could see me.

"Jennie! Are you okay? Where are you right now?" Worry etched on his face.

"Calm down oppa. I'm feeling so much better now. They rushed me to the nearest hospital when I got off stage so you don't have to be worried anymore." I smile at him.

"I'm always going to be worried about you Jen. We already don't get to see each other as much as I'd like and when you're sick, it is one of my responsibilities as your boyfriend to take care of you. I'm sorry I can't be there with you." He says softly.

"You don't have to be sorry oppa. We knew what we got ourselves into when we started dating. We both have busy schedules, so I understand." Trying to comfort him a little.

He sighs and rubs his face. "Okay. I'll let you get some rest now. I love you Jen." He looks at me as he says it.

"I.." Suddenly, a memory of Lisa wrapping me in her arms flashes in my mind.

"Jen, are you okay?" Oppa asks.

I shake the memory out of me. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired." I feel myself wavering as I say. "I love you too oppa." We said our goodbyes and hung up.

Why did I think of Lisa while I was talking with Taehyung oppa? I sigh. I'm too tired to think about this. Thankfully, Alison enters the room with her food and a small basket of fruits.

"Where did you get that?" I point at the basket.

She looks at it as she puts it on the table. "Li.." She pauses. "Some of our staff brought these for you."

"Really? That's nice of them. Please tell them thank you for me."

"Sure." She says as she settles. On the chair next to my bed.

***

The next day I'm feeling so much better. I don't get nauseous anymore. The doctor said I could be discharged tomorrow but I asked if I could go earlier than that. So we agreed on getting discharged later today.

For the rest of the day all I did was watch television or be on my phone. The only exciting thing that happened today was Jisoo unnie and Rosie visited me this morning.

"Jendeuk?" Jisoo unnie called out as she opened the door. I couldn't see her right away because my view is obstructed by a wall.

"Unnie!" Rosie screamed as she rushed to my bed.

"Hey. I'm okay now." I say squeezing Rosie's hand. I keep glancing back at the entrance way.

Jisoo unnie must have noticed me looking, when we made eye contact, she slightly shakes her head. Indicating that it's just the two of them. I quashed the disappointment I'm feeling.

They told me that they wanted to come by before they went about their plans for the day. We chitchatted on their plans for the day for almost an hour. I thanked them for coming and sent them on their way.

It was half past midnight when I finally got discharged. We are now on our way to the hotel.

"Hey, are you okay?" Alison asks.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You weren't in the mood all day." She states.

I sigh. I waited for her all day but she never came. "I'm sorry. I was just bored that's why I was feeling down." I lied.

When I got to my room I immediately took a much needed shower and changed into my pajamas. But somehow the shower didn't help lift my mood up. While thinking about what to do, I paced. Back and forth, back and forth.

Grabbing my keys, I walk to her room and knocked. I kept on knocking until she opened the door.

"Unnie?" She says groggy from sleep. Upon seeing me she removed the robe she managed to hung on her shoulders half asleep and wrapped me with it. Even in her sleepy state she's still taking care of me. I push my way inside.

"Unnie, what's wrong?" She asks following me inside.

At this point, my feelings are all mixed up. Anger, disappointment, thankful, upset and now it's all about to burst out.

I turn around to face her. "Why didn't you visit me at the hospital?" I say crossing my arms.

My question stunned her. "Is that the only reason you burst your way inside my room in the middle of the night?" Disbelief obvious on her face.

I don't answer and just stared at her until she gives me an answer.

"Unbelievable. This could have waited till the morning." She turned around and tried to walk away.

But before she could I pull her arm to stop her. "I want an answer." I demand.

"Why does it matter? You don't even need me there!" She shakes off my hold on her arm. It causes me to take a step back.

"What?" I ask confused. "What are you talking about?"

"You want some answers?! Fine!" She walks up to me and looks me in the eye. "The moment I got off stage I asked them where you were. I didn't even change out of the encore clothes I wore and just asked Wonjae oppa to take me straight to the hospital."

"What?" I don't think she even heard me. If she went straight from the concert then why didn't I see her?

"I was standing by the door while you were talking to him. I didn't want to intrude so I left." She backs away. "Are you happy now?"

She backs away from me until her back touches the wall. She looks so defeated. My heart hurt looking at her beautiful face. I couldn't take looking at her in pain. Before I knew what I was doing my body moved on its own.

And the next thing I know I'm holding Lisa's face in my hands and pulled her in for a kiss.