Chapter 34 - Idiot

I walk back to the room where we left Rosie and flop down beside her.

"Things going good with unnie?" She asks the instant my butt touches the couch.

"It's going." I change position and put my head in her lap. "Finally." I say smiling.

"Good." She says poking my cheeks. "It's nice seeing this smile back on your face."

"What does that mean?" Opening one eye to look at her.

"This." She pokes my cheeks again. "This genuine smile, it's been a while since I've seen it. For the past months you just forced yourself to smile in order to block out the questions that follow if you don't."

This just proves that Chaeyoung really knows me best. I thought no one noticed but she did. And she knew that I would eventually approach her when I was ready to talk. I was so into my anger and jealousy then, that I didn't have the chance to talk to her.

It's the same with me, I know her the best too. And now that I'm in a much better place than before, I have the time to notice the people around me. Looking at Chaeyoung's face I know I have hurt her unintentionally.

I sit up facing her and grab her hand between mine. "I'm sorry Chaeyoung-ah. For not telling you the truth and being into my emotions that I forgot that I have a best friend that was just waiting to comfort and listen to me anytime."

"It's good enough for me that you realized that and don't you ever forget that I'm always here for you." She says wiping her tears and easily forgiving me.

I make a promise to myself and be a better friend for Rosie. "When our schedules allow it, let's have a sleepover and I'll tell you everything. Long overdue girl talk." I chuckle as I also wipe the tears that managed to escape.

She extends her arm to me. "Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise." Crossing mine with hers.

We both jump at the knock on the door. Wonjae oppa calls my name but doesn't open the door. Relieved that he couldn't see us like this. "The cars are ready." He tells us.

"We'll be right out." I scream back so he could hear me. "He'd be very confused if he had opened the door and saw us." I say to Rosie laughing.

"I know right? Here." Handing me her mirror after  fixing her makeup.

"Thanks." I reply.

We say our goodbyes as we walk to our cars. "See you in two days? Three?" My farewell turns into a question. Getting confused with our schedules. "Never mind. I'll see you again at the airport when we head home. Bye!" Since we had different schedules, she had to transfer to another hotel for it.

"Bye, idiot." She says jokingly, shaking her head at me.

***

Back in my hotel room, the first thing I do is prepare the bathtub and soak my tired body in warm water and then, wash off the sweat off my body.

Feeling so refreshed after my bath and a little famished, I order some food. As I'm eating while watching a movie on the tv my phone beeps, indicating a message. I was about to just ignore it but I received another one.

A smile instantly forms on my face as I see who it's from.

From 'Mandu unnie 💙': (if anyone is wondering, yes, this has always been my caller ID for unnie)

-Just arrived at the airport. Are you still awake?

To 'Mandu unnie 💙':
-Yup, I'm still awake. Actually eating right now while watching a movie. How about you? Aren't you hungry?

I pressed pause to my movie since I couldn't focus on it while texting unnie.

From 'Mandu unnie 💙':
-I am a little hungry but you know how I am. I always choose sleep over food. I'll probably sleep first when we board the plane.

To 'Mandu unnie 💙':
-Fine, I will not push you to eat now but you have to eat something when you wake up. Okay?

From 'Mandu unnie 💙':
-Yes ma'am (with a gif of a person saluting)

I laugh at her copying what I did earlier. Suddenly feeling butterflies in my stomach as I realized that I'm starting to do things with unnie that only people who like each other do. Simple things like this, texting each other when we're apart.

And just imagining the things we get to do together from now on, makes me so happy. Rosie was right...

I am a lovesick idiot.