Chapter 15 - Jealous

We've been home for a few days now. Doing the Japan shows without Jisoo unnie was weird but thankfully we still made it work. The three of us performed like unnie was there with us.

And as Lisa promised our relationship is getting better by the day. No more avoiding each other or getting into arguments. But I noticed that she doesn't make the first move. She just waits for me to talk or interact with her. If I don't make the effort to start a conversation we won't talk at all. It's like she's keeping me at arm's length, not too far and not too close.

She's different when it comes to unnie and Rosie, they are always laughing together and having a good time. But even though she's smiling I still see the sadness in her eyes.

It's midafternoon as I arrived at the Black Label for some recordings I have to do and after, Taehyung oppa and I have dinner plans. As I enter a recording room I see Teddy oppa.

"Good afternoon oppa." I say cheerfully. Smiling at him.

"Yes, yes. Let's get to work." He says jokingly and tries to usher me to the studio area. He stops and gives me a hug. "How was Japan?" He asks as we both take a seat.

"Japan is still as beautiful as ever. We got through the shows even though unnie wasn't there. Thankfully the Blinks understood the situation."

He nods. "That's good." He turns to his monitor. "So let's start working on the song we couldn't finish last time. So do your thing while we set up."

He's talking about the routine I have to do before recording. Some vocal warm ups, stretching and treating my vocal cords with herbal medicine and etc.

As I'm about to stand up we hear someone knocking. We both turn our heads as we see Lisa's head pop in. She was surprised to see me but quickly masked it with a smile as she enters the room fully.

"Hi. I didn't know you'd be here too." She says to me.

She turns to Teddy oppa. "I know, you said to be here by 8 or 9 but I'm bored. So, can I use one of the practice rooms?"

"You know that you don't have to ask me. You can use any room you want, anytime you want." He shakes his head laughing.

"Okay oppa." Giggling she turns to me. "Have a fun time recording." She says as she exits the room.

For some reason, I wanted her to stay and keep me company...

***

After almost 2 hours of recording, we finally decided on a break. Alone in the room as oppa headed to the cafeteria for dinner, I had the urge to go on a walk but I don't know why my feet took me to where Lisa currently is.

I could hear the music blasting through the door. I don't want to be seen as a creep lurking outside so I enter the room silently and sit down on the corner of the room. She noticed me as soon as I opened the door. She was about to stop dancing but signaled her to keep going so she did.

I love watching her dance. The precision, the swag and the confidence she has in her dancing just mesmerizes me. I didn't even notice the music had stopped until she walked to the monitor to stop the auto play.

She grabs a bottle of water and heads to the bench where I'm seated. "You're done recording?" She asks as she sits down beside me. Not too far and not too close.

"Not yet. We're on a break for an hour then back at it again. Oppa got hungry so he's eating at the cafeteria right now."

"What about you? Have you eaten?" She asks looking me in the eyes. Before, I didn't notice that her eyes were so expressive. Now, I can tell the real emotions she's feeling. Right now, she's concerned that I still haven't eaten.

"I'm not that hungry yet and I actually have dinner plans later." Not giving any more details. "How about you?"

There was a flicker of understanding in her eyes. I think she knows who I'm having dinner with now. She looks away. Thinking she was going to shut me out again she answers.

"I haven't eaten yet but I will before my turn recording." She grabs her bag looking for something inside. "I have some chocolate, do you want one?" Offering me  some.

"Thanks." I grab one. We were silent for a few minutes while eating our chocolate. My phone suddenly rings. Turning my phone so I can see the caller ID, Lisa stands up and walks away to give me privacy to answer the call. She must've seen the name on my phone. 'Tae oppa ❤️'

I was about to go out to answer the phone. Lisa stops me. "You can answer your phone unnie."

"Oh. Okay, thanks." I answer my phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, Jen. I'm calling to ask what time you finish recording so I can pick you up later." He asks.

"You can pick me around eight o'clock oppa." I say. I look at Lisa she is standing by the monitor with her back to me so I can't see her face.

"Okay. I'll see you then. I love you." He says.

Conscious of Lisa hearing me, I answer softly. "I love you too. Bye." As I said that, I see Lisa flinch. She heard me.

"My hour is almost up so I'm going back to the recording room."

She turns to me smiling. A fake smile. I know because it doesn't reach her eyes. "Okay. I'll see you later if you're still there when I go up to the recording room."

"Okay. Bye." I wave at her as I'm walking to the door.

As I close the door I look at her. She's standing still, her head to the ceiling, eyes closed. After a few seconds she brings her head down to wipe her tears.

I freeze. I couldn't stand seeing her in pain so I walk away.

***

It's almost eight when we finish. I wait with Teddy oppa for Lisa to come up for her recording. She must've not noticed the time.

As we waited I received a message from Taehyung oppa that he's just a few blocks away and he'll be here shortly.

"Oppa, thanks for today. I'll see you again tomorrow." I bid Teddy oppa farewell.

Since I still have a few minutes before Taehyung oppa arrives I decided to pop in on Lisa and tell her it's her turn to record. But as I took a peek by the door she wasn't alone in the room.

I see her dancing goofily with Bogum oppa. They are dancing and laughing together with no care in the world if anyone sees or hears them.

Seeing her like that with someone else makes my heart hurt. We were like that before. Is this how she felt earlier..

Hurt and jealous at the same time?