Chapter 22 - Not again

After the concert I told Bogum oppa that I'll treat him for dinner since I wasn't here on his birthday. It took a little convincing for him to let me pay for our dinner but I told him that he agreed last time to let me pay for our next...

I don't even know what to call it. Meal? Dinner? Date? Maybe not the latter, yet.

I already called ahead and made a reservation for two in a private room so the host just lead us straight to it. We were removing our shoes since it was a traditional restaurant but then I heard the door across from ours open as the waitress exits.

"Bogum-ah!" We both turned to the voice.

When I saw who were inside I froze. Not again, I told myself. The Gods must really hate me for putting me in this situation again...

It was Park Seojun who called Bogum oppa and with him were Choi Wooshik, Shin Hyunji (Jennie's bestfriend), Taehyung oppa and of course, Jennie unnie.

"Hyungnim, annyeohaseyo." Bogum oppa bows in greeting and nods at Taehyung oppa. "Jennie, annyeong."

"Annyeonghaseyo oppa." Jennie unnie bows from her seat. When she lifts her head I immediately look away. Not wanting to see what she's thinking right now.

-Bogum-

As Jennie lifts her head she looks at Lisa with an expression I know. She immediately schools her face to neutral when she notices me looking at her. She's jealous but why? Does she have feelings for Lisa? From what I heard from Lisa, Jennie doesn't feel the same way as her.

Hmmm...

I turn to Lisa and whisper to her ear soflty. " I'm going to do something, just go with it. Be angry at me later, okay?" I pull back a little to look at her. She nods confused.

I hold her hand and pull her to their door so all of them can see her. I don't let go as I introduce her to them. "I think everyone knows who I'm with." I say with a smile.

"Of course!" Wooshik hyung stands followed by Seojun hyung. "I'm a big fan." He offers his hand for a handshake.

"I'm a fan of both of you too." Lisa has to let go of my hand to reciprocate it but immediately holds it again after. She turns to Taehyung. "Oppa." Then to the women in the room. "Unnies." She greets them but Lisa's gaze doesn't move to Jennie.

I look over at Jennie and she can't take her eyes off our interlocked hands.

Since I know Lisa wants to be anywhere but here, I cut the conversation short. "Okay, we'll leave you guys now. Enjoy your dinner."

"You both want to join us?" Taehyung asks. Upon hearing him, Jennie lifts her head and looks at us.

It's Lisa who answers him. "Thank you but we'll have to refuse. We're having a little party for two since I missed his birthday."

"Really? Belated happy birthday hyung." The rest of them follow and greets me too, except for Jennie. I don't even think she's listening to any of us right now. She's just looking at Lisa.

"Thank you. So, we'll leave you guys. Enjoy your dinner." We back away and closed the door.

We both let out a breath as the door closed. I let go of her hand to pat her back. "I'm sorry this happened again. Do you want to go somewhere else?" She doesn't answer. "Or do you want to go home? I can drive you there right now if that's what you want."

She looks at me and smiles. "No." She shakes her head. "I want to celebrate your birthday tonight and nothing's going to ruin it. Come on let's eat, I'm hungry." She pulls me inside our room.

I'm falling for this woman more and more as we spend time together but from what I saw earlier Jennie does have some feelings for Lisa. It's either she kept her feelings hidden or had just realized it.

A selfish thought crossed my mind. I can tell Lisa that I could help her move on faster if she could just give me a chance...

But I can't. I want Lisa to be happy and right now, her happiness is Jennie. Even if she denies it now, I know she still loves her greatly.

So for now, I'm backing off. If she doesn't make up her mind, she's going to regret it forever because once I know that Lisa has finally moved on I will sweep her off her feet and...

Never let go.

Note: Too short? Don't worry swipe up for the next chapter 😂😂