Chapter 23 - Momma Kim

When the door closed, I wasn't in the mood for the rest of the night. I only responded to them when I have to. My mind is all over the place right now.

I'm here with Taehyung oppa and our friends but my mind is wondering what Lisa and him are doing right now. Earlier when they were holding hands, I wanted to rip his arm out so he can't touch her ever again. I'm mad and angry at her for not even sparing me a glance, at him for stealing her from me but mostly I'm angry at myself for not realizing that I love her sooner. And now I don't know what to do.

When Taehyung oppa and I started dating I did thought that what I felt for him was love but now that Lisa's in the picture I'm having second thoughts. Was it really love or just mere butterflies in my stomach for dating one of the handsomest man in the world?

Either way, I owe oppa an apology.

I was way into my head to even realize that we're in front of my house. I was silent all the way home. Telling oppa that I'm just a little tired for an excuse. It's just me and him now as he asked his manager to bring his car to the restaurant.

"Hey, are you sure you're alright?" He asks me concern on his face.

I know I have to break up with him but I don't think this is the right time so I just answer him. "I just need some rest and I'll be good again." I smile at him.

"Okay." He raises his hand to caress my face. Slowly, he leans in for a kiss but as he got closer the only person I want to kiss me right now is Lisa. At the last second I moved my head so he ended up kissing my cheek.

"Thank you for driving me oppa. Goodnight and be safe." I smile not looking at him. I hurriedly got out of his car and went inside my house. Too tired to go up to my room, I head straight to the sofa and sat down with my head hanging at the back of it.

I just stared at the ceiling for I don't know how long. I didn't even hear my mom going down the stairs until she turned on the lights in the living room. Blinking my eyes to adjust to the lights, I hear her footsteps coming my way.

"Jennie? What are you doing down here?" She sits down beside me, concern etched on her face.

Upon hearing her voice, I felt something crack inside of me. I couldn't hold it anymore, I sobbed as I embraced my mom.

"What..? Did something happen?" She's never seen me like this. Not even on my trainee days. I cried to her, yes, but never like this.

I am inconsolable for a few minutes. I wasn't even answering her questions which is making her worry even more. Thankfully, I got my self together to break away from her embrace. She fixes my hair so she can see my face.

"What happened sweetie? Why are you crying?" She asks.

I told her everything, Lisa's confession in Abu Dhabi to what had happened tonight. I can't read her expression but she's not angry so that's a plus. I wait for her to say something.

 "Well..." She starts.

I know my mom won't disown me but I'm still scared of what she thinks of me now that she knows I like women. Well, not all women. Just Lisa.

She heaves a sigh. "You finally realize you like her huh?"

Wait. Does she know something I don't? "What do you mean by that?" I ask her bewildered.

"I mean, I kind of had my suspicions that you liked Lisa."

"How? I didn't even know just until recently."

"You just didn't realized it back then but I did. When you talked about things that happened on your training days, you'd always, emphasize on the always, you'd always mention her. You always worry about her especially on your holidays or your days off. So, the three of you found a way for her to not be alone on those days."

"But we all did it." I argue.

"Yes, but whenever she spends it here, for the whole day the smile on your face wouldn't go down. Sometimes I was even worried you'd get cramps on your face. Does that even happen?" She laughs. "And when you guys fall asleep on the couch while watching a movie I always find you the next morning sleeping in each other's arms."

I didn't even remember that until she said it. Suddenly it was like a dam broke in my head. Flashes of memories floods me. No matter how big or small, I remember all of it now. I can't even formulate a word to say.

My mom always knows what I'm thinking so she voices it out for me. Holding my hands till I'm looking at her, she says.

"You loved her all this time but just never realized it until she was gone.."

Note: Two chapters for you guys. Thank you for waiting patiently. I know it still not a happy Jenlisa chapter but I promise you it will happen in the near future. Love you guys and thank you again for the support 🖤💗

I think I should add #slowburn to the tags 😂