Chapter 37 - Finally

We both turn to the sound and when I read the caller ID I quickly reached out to flip my phone hoping that Lisa didn't get a good look at it. Taehyung oppa has been calling me since that night I accidentally answered his call and that was the only time I answered. I should have put my phone on silent mode but I got busy cooking and completely forgot.

Who am I kidding? If I read the caller ID, Lisa would've too. I sigh, resigning myself to the awkward conversation about 'why my ex keeps on calling' we're about to have.

I turn to face her, ready to explain myself. I thought she'd be angry or upset but when I looked at her face she's none of those things. She's looking at me with no malice at all. In my previous relationships there were incidents where they got jealous of the simplest things like when I was with Kai, he got a little upset when I danced with Mino on Music Core. I told him "What else could I have done? Just ignore him on a live show?" It was so petty of him to be upset over a situation I couldn't control.

Lisa on the other hand, not an ounce of jealousy seen on her expression. She's just waiting for me to say something with a soft smile on her face. Honestly, I'm a little confused why she's not angry or upset like them. Then I remember that Lisa's not them and never will be.

I fully face her again so we are in the position we were before we were interrupted. I take her hands in mine and look her in the eyes. "Remember the night I arrived home and we were texting?" She nods. "My phone rang and I thought it was you who called so I answered without looking. I accidentally answered thinking it was you. And now he won't stop calling." I finish.

"So..." She looks down and starts playing with my hands. "I have a question and I definitely understand if you don't want to answer." She pauses and looks back at me waiting for my answer. Curious, I nod. "What did he want?" Looking away again.

"Hey." I squeeze her hand to make her look up. "Just to be clear you can ask me anything, uncomfortable it may be sometimes I'll still answer them. We're something more now and we'll have to know more intimate details about each other in the future so don't ever hesitate to ask anything." I raise a hand and softly place it on her cheek.

She closes her eyes at the touch. "Okay and same goes for you too." Grabbing my hand she pulls it to her lips planting a kiss on my open palm. Feeling her lips on my skin sends tingles all over my body. I can't believe a small sweet gesture could make me feel this way.

"I will." I answer, to distract myself from my intrusive thoughts like where I really want those lips to touch. Right now is not the appropriate time to be having those thoughts.

I reach for my drink to quench my suddenly parched throat. Putting down the now empty glass I find a comfortable position on the couch and she mirrors it. Now, we continue our conversation before we got distracted.

"He wants to talk and he wants it in person." I sigh. "I told him I'll think about it and now, he won't stop calling."

"What do you want to do?" She asks.

"That's the problem though, if I say no, I don't think he'll stop calling until I say yes." I close my eyes frustrated. "I think I'll have to see him and end this." I open my eyes to look at her. "Should I meet with him?"

"I think you should make that decision for yourself." She smiles at me. "You don't need my permission for anything. I trust you and whatever you decide won't change anything between us."

I wished she'd given me a yes or no answer but she's right, I should be the one making that decision. I think I already have an answer before today but I wanted Lisa's opinion before I make the final choice.

"Okay. I'll meet with him one last time, if you're okay with it?" I ask again.

"Of course." She answers and then looks away. There's something bothering her. When she looks back and see my confused face she hurriedly say. "I promise I'm okay with it but..."

"But what?" I ask softly.

"Could you do it when I'm home?" She asks shyly. "I want to accompany you on that day."

I smile. God, I love this woman.

"Obviously, not when you're meeting with him." She laughs. "Just to drive you to and from wherever the agreed place is and-"

"I'd like that very much." I say to stop her from babbling. "I think it will be before we leave for Vietnam since he won't stop calling. He'll want to do it as soon as possible."

"That's good." She says.

Yes it is because after our Vietnam concert the four of us will be on different schedules for our individual activities and I don't know when mine and Lisa's schedule lines up again.

Distacted by my thoughts, I almost didn't hear her ask a question. "Are you nervous to see him again?"

"A little but just because I'm curious why he wants to meet again." I answer.

"Well..." She prolongs the last syllable. "I think I know why."

"Really?" I ask genuinely curious.

She studies me for a while before saying something. "You really have no clue do you?" She chuckles.

Huh? What's that supposed to mean?

"He wants to see you because he wants you back." She says.

"What?!" I scream. "That was a joke right?"

She laughs. "No." Shaking her side to side. "Because if I was in his shoes I'll try to win you back too."

If what she said is true, why isn't she stopping me from going? She sees the confusion on my face and understood because she answers the question without me speaking it.

"I told you I trust you and I know you'll make it clear to him that you're not interested in getting back together. And besides, not to sound cocky..." She pauses. "You did kind of broke up with him because of me so I don't have anything to worry about." She finishes.

I gasp, playfully punching her on her shoulder. "It doesn't work, you still sounded cocky when you said it." We both laugh.

As our laughter dies down she says. "Come here." She pulls me into her arms and proceeds to lean back until we both are laying on the couch.

We stayed laying on the couch in each other's arms, unmoving. After a few minutes she breaks the silence.

"Stay with me tonight." She says softly.

I feel her fingers on my chin, carefully tilting my head up to face her. I gasp inwardly, she's so close to me. If I just lean a few inches forward our lips would touch. I couldn't speak so I just gave her a nod for an answer.

She's looking at me with so much intensity and I'm afraid I'll just melt away in her arms.

"Good." She says.

Everything seems to be in slow motion as she closes her eyes and moves her hand to my cheek. On instinct, I close my eyes too.

After the longest second of my life...

I finally feel her lips on mine.

Note: Sorry for the late update! Life got too busy for me. Thank you for the 100k+ reads and for your patience! 🖤💗