Chapter 35 - Smile

The first thing I did when Jisoo unnie and I landed home was text Lisa saying that we arrived safely. I tuck my phone in my bag knowing that she won't be responding for a while since it's the middle of the night in Paris right now.

We are now just waiting for the go signal that we can walk to our cars and to the reporters waiting for us outside.

"Doesn't it hurt?" Unnie asks.

I look up to her questionably. "What?" I ask back not knowing what she means.

"Your face." She points a finger at my face. "Doesn't it hurt from smiling all this time? You had that smile on your face since we drove off from Stade de France." She chuckles.

Was I? I didn't even notice. Well... Who wouldn't smile all the time if they were in my shoes? The person I love is also in love with me. There's no better feeling than that. Even if we agreed to take some time before we officially start things between us, it doesn't change the fact that I'm happy where things are going with us.

"I was not." Trying to deny it.

She's smiling evilly at me while rummaging her bag for her phone. "Hmmm." She hums while doing something on her phone.

I try to see what she's doing but I couldn't see anything since she's in front of me.

Finally she looks back at me and turns her phone to show me something. "I have evidence." Smiling at me.

I watch the video she played. "What the-" She took a video of me without me noticing. She even took the time to edit it. It's a snippet of me on the plane smiling while I ate, smiling while texting, smiling while reading a book and lastly was a photo of me smiling while I was asleep.

She's laughing at me. After the video ended I look at her with shock. "That's some stalker type shit, unnie." A few seconds after I said that, I laugh shaking my head. "I can't believe you did that just so you could use it as evidence." My stomach hurts from laughing.

"Oh, it's not just for evidence." She says between her laugh.

I stop laughing immediately. "What do you mean?" 

She stops laughing too. "Well..." I notice her take a step back. "It could also be used as a bribe." Another step back. "When you refuse to do something for me, I'll send this video to Lisa." She takes another step, bobbing her eyebrows playfully at me.

My body moves instinctively and tries to grab her phone but she notices me moving and runs immediately. I was about to run after her but her manager appears.

"Guys, the cars are ready." He says.

"I'll go first!" She volunteers heading straight for the door. "Bye Jendeuk. I'll see you when I see you." She waves.

"You'll pay for that unnie!" I shouted so she could hear me.

I hear a faint response. "Okay!"

I laugh at her silliness. Still couldn't believe what just transpired, half at her taking videos of me and the other half was me smiling. She was right though, I was smiling all the time. This is new. I wasn't like this with anyone I was with in the past.

I was happy in my previous relationships but not like this. I feel like I'm on cloud nine all the time. I smile at the thought. Maybe this is what they mean about the saying

'When you find your person, you'll know.'

Remembering the phrase I feel happy and sad at the same time.

I found my person but we could have been together from the beginning if I had just noticed her.

***

I immediately took a shower when I arrived home. It's still early in the afternoon but I'm too tired to wait till nighttime to sleep just to avoid being jetlagged. And I can't resist the temptation of laying on my warm soft bed. I check my phone first if Lisa texted me back, nothing yet.

I put my phone on my nightstand and jumped on the bed. Releasing a sigh as soon as my body touches the warm bed. After a few adjusting turns to find the comfiest position I feel my body relax and the next thing I know it's already ten o'clock in the evening.

I stretch my body to wake myself up. "Wow, that was a good sleep." I say to no one.

Sitting up, I reach for my phone. Smiling seeing her name.

From: Lisapoop💛
- Hey unnie, I just woke up and getting ready for the day. How about you?

- Seeing as you haven't responded to my text you must be sleeping. I'm heading off to my schedule now. Dream of me ☺️

- I miss you already. Text me when you get this message 😘

Even with just a simple text from her makes the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. I even feel myself blushing.

Thankfully, no one's here to see me like this. I chuckle, shaking my head at myself. I text her back.

To: Lisapoop💛
- Hi, I'm awake! What are you up to now?

I lightly throw my phone on the bed and while waiting for her reply, I head to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. 

I'm a little hungry so I go down the kitchen to fix myself a sandwich to take back to my room. As I'm nearing my bedroom door I hear my phone ringing. I hurry back to answer it before it goes to voicemail.

Thinking it was Lisa I press the answer button without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello." I answer soflty feeling giddy.

I was expecting a soft womanly voice to respond, instead I was met with a gruff low voice.

"Hi Jen." A reluctant voice answers.

My smile disappears on my face upon recognizing the voice. I immediately regret not looking at the caller ID.

It's Taehyung oppa...