Chapter 39 - Screw it

I stop the car once we arrive at the cafe and turn to her. "Here we are." I say softly. She nods. Taking a deep breath and slowly blowing it out. She's doing it to calm her nerves for the last time before she faces him.

"Okay, I'm ready." She turns to me and smiles.

Even when she's a nervous wreck right now, she's still as beautiful as ever. I know I've said that a thousand times before but what can I do? She really is just so beautiful in my eyes.

I lift my hand to cup her cheek and look her in the eyes. I nod my head a couple of times silently telling her that she's going to be fine and I'm here when it's all over.

She nods understanding everything without me uttering a single word. Unnie closes her eyes and presses her cheek more into the palm of my hand.

I pull her to me slightly and lean over to meet her for a kiss. She opens her eyes as I pull back. "What was that for?" She asks, smiling.

I return her smile. She damn well knows what that kiss meant. She just wants to hear it. I want to at least take her on a proper date and ask her to be my girlfriend before I say it to her again...

Screw it!

She knows how I feel about her, why bother delaying the inevitable?

"I love you." I whisper but loud enough for her to hear it clearly.

I feel her stiffen in my hand for a second. She obviously didn't expect me to really say it. I chuckle at her but instantly stop as tears escapes her eyes.

"Hey.." Now cupping her face with both of my hands. "I said it to answer your question not to make you cry." I laugh as I wipe her tears with my hands. "Ow!" She gives me a good punch in the arm. I let go of her face to rub the sore spot.

"That's for making me cry." She's trying to make an angry face but it doesn't last. Her face breaks into a full smile. The one I love the most, where her eyes are shaped like crescent moons combined with her gummy smile.

"I love you too, Lala."

I think this is what it feels like to be on cloud nine. My heart feels so full that I feel like I could fly. And to top it all off, she pulls me to her a little aggressively and kisses me.

At first, it was just soft kisses to convey what we feel at this moment and then it turns into a full on make out session and who am I to stop her?

So I give as much as I receive or even more.

***

-Jennie-

I finally enter the cafe. Thankfully, we arrived early or I would have been late.

It took everything in me to pull away from the kiss with Lisa. We were both out of breath when we pulled apart. "I have to fix my makeup." I say, catching my breath.

Understanding, she nods. She just watches me as I pull my makeup bag and redo my makeup.

"Beautiful." I hear her whisper even over the speakers. I think it was not meant for me to hear so I cover my smile by putting on lipgloss.

After a few minutes I finally finished, closing the sun visor I turn to Lisa. "I'll text you when I'm done."

She shakes her head. "You don't have to. I'm going to park the car over there and wait for you." Pointing to a parking spot near a tree.