The ultimatum

❤ Erica's POV ❤
Since that day I haven't heard from Marco neither have I tried contacting him.

It was the school holiday and I hated them because that meant I had to spend time at home.

I spent days cooped up in my room with Matilda or Mom bringing me food.

I was sitting by the window reading my book a knock came from the door " come in" , Marco walked in, I closed my book.

He walked closer to me " long time no see" , " long time no see indeed" I answered back.

" can we talk" I nodded , " do you have anything you want to tell me?" , " no" , " are you sure Erica" , " yes I am sure".

I could see he was angry " so you don't want to tell me why you did what you did" I took a deep breath out and walked down and stood infront of him.

" I am sorry Marco but that's not my story to tell" , he took a shaky breath out " if you won't tell me this , then we can't be together , I can't be with someone who keeps important things from me" , "I don't like ultimatums nothing was going on between us anyway , this won't change anything".

" Erica!" He shouted I got up and sat back by the window " I told you it's not my story to tell" ," so you chose your friends over me" , " yes anyday" , " fine" he walked out and slammed the door behind.

I sat and hugged myself as I buried my head on my knees.

I stayed in that position for a while before getting up and walking downstairs to find something sweet to eat.

" trouble in paradise already" Ciara voiced with a smirk on her face , I just walked pass her " you don't deserve him anyway" I pulled out some ice-cream " and you do?" I asked taking out cake and cutting it.

"You bitch" she marched to me and mom stopped her " Language Ciara" I put the cake back at took my slice and ice-cream and walked back upstairs.

Ate my comfort food as I read my book.

❤ Marco's POV ❤
I can't believe she chose them over me, did I really mean nothing to her.

Did everything mean nothing to her. I thought she felt the same way I did.

" did you speak to her" , " she won't talk Teo I ended things" , "whaaat?! Are you crazy?" , I sat up " she chose them over me Teo she doesn't love me" he sat down next to me.

" did you make her chose?" I nodded and he slapped my head " ofcourse she'll chose friends she's known since forever over you , that doesn't mean she don't love you, this is bigger than just the two of you and it doesn't seem like it's her secret to tell , do you really want to let her go over this misunderstanding? After everything you've done? C'mon man" he got up and left to his room.

Leaving me with my thoughts,  what he said wasn't wrong , maybe I should give us time.

Father walked in " get up we need to go somewhere" I jumped up immediately and followed him.

❤ Erica's POV ❤
After a while I heard my stomach grumbling I went downstairs to the kitchen passing , my father , Marco and his father sitting on the dining table I got into the kitchen.

Made myself an egg benedict and avo sandwich with orange juice, placed them on the tray and walked out " Erica come here" my father shouted as I was about to get up the stairs.

I sat down and placed my food before me and started eating , Marco was staring at me the whole time not saying anything as he sat infront of me and our fathers on the sides.

"The is a big event happening tomorrow night , you both will be attending together" Father voiced and I scoffed as I took a sip on my juice.

" I don't know what's going on between the two of you and I don't care , you better make it work tomorrow night" I was now done with my sandwich.

" I don't have to do anything you tell me" , " I wasn't asking" he said I looked straight into his eyes " last time I checked I rejected your son and he made it clear this morning that the was nothing between us , so I don't have to go anywhere with him" , his father stood up and bent over to whisper something to me " why don't you threaten me aloud I am sure everyone here would like to hear what you're about to whisper" I could see anger in his face as he sat back down.

"Erica!" Father shouted banging the table , " father had already told our associates about our relationship, and we are expected to show up together, I understand if you don't come but it will be disrespectful to them and it might start unwanted war , you don't have to stay long you just have to show up , I'll send a car to pick you up at 7 ,your dress , shoes and jewelry will be sent by morning".

We both got up I walked upstairs as he walked out.

I didn't want to be with him , I needed time away from him so I could get over him.

This was too soon , what if I made a joke of myself.

I don't even know anyone there. I hate crowds.

I should just go so the isn't any war , I don't want him fighting.