Chapter 41

Chapter 41

"I mean-- no!" mabilis niyang sabi sabay layo sa akin nang mapagtanto niya ang sinabi niya sa akin.

I chuckled. Uminit ang pisngi niya at tila nainis sa tawa ko at saka ako sinamaan ng tingin. Lumapit akong muli at dahan dahang inangat ang mukha niya hanggang sa magtama pareho ang tingin naming dalawa.

"Are you sure?" I asked, in a breathy tone. My heart's racing so fast. I'm nervous.

"Umm... no? I mean--yes! wait--- I don't know?"

Natawa akong muli nang mapansin kong hindi niya na alam kung ano ang isasagot niya sa akin. She seem all tensed up.

I saw her gulped. Her breathing became fast, sweat began to appear on her hair line and forehead. I heard her whispered something on herself again, complaining that she shouldn't have said that earlier about the kiss.

"Can I?"

She didn't respond, but her attention is now on my lips then tried to look away when she noticed I'm staring at her.

Slowly, I brought my face closer to hers, saving the anticipation of what was about to come. I closed my eyes I felt the warmth of her breath on my face until my lips reached hers. It was at first a polite and gentle kiss but when I ended the kiss and started to move away she held my face and kissed me again but this time it was different. Our lips moved together in perfect sync, exploring each other's mouths with hunger.

Our bodies pressed together, she placed her arms around my near as she tried to pull her body much closer to mine. My hands traveled on her hips, as the kiss grew more intense. The taste of her lips was like a drug, it was addicting and intoxicating and I found myself completely lost in the moment.

When the kiss finally ended, I was left breathless. Kapwa kami hiningal, pinagdikit namin ang mga noo at kalaunan ay napahiga na rin sa sopa habang nakahiga ang ulo niya sa may braso ko at napayakap na sa akin.

There was a moment of silence and I guess it lasted half an hour as if we were both shocked and shy about what just happened. I can't help but smile. I poked her cheek to know if she was already asleep.

Tinignan niya ako. " Why?"

Tumagilid na ako at humarap sakanya habang nakahiga pa rin kami pareho. I planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I love you."

"How much do you love me? I want to know."

"My world revolves around you, I can't imagine my life without you. I am hopelessly, and helplessly head over heels with you. You are the oxygen I needed to breathe, a compass that guides me to the happiest moments of my life. And I will cherish every moment that we share as if it were a jewel in the crown of the universe. "

She laughed. " I did not know you were romantic. Your ears are red, are you okay?" 

Mayroong panunukso ang paraan ng pagtanong niya sa akin. 

"Binobola mo lang ata ako eh para mapatawad kita."

"Shut up. It's true."

"Fine. Minsan ka lang maging ganyan kaya paniniwalaan ko nalang. Wait-umuulan ba?"

Bumangon siya at sumilip sa labas saka naman bumalik sa pagkakahiga. Inilagay niya ang ilang hibla ng kanyang buhok sa likod ng kanyang tenga.

"Bakit?" nagtataka kong tanong nang mapansin kong nakatingin lang siya sa akin tila ba may naiisip na naman.

Hindi siya sumagot. Umiling na ako sa pag-aakalang gusto na naman niyang gawin ang pagsasayaw sa gitna ng ulan na parang baliw.

"No, no, no.."