Chapter 2

As soon as I stepped outside, I couldn't help but let out a small giggle as the warm sun hit my skin. I was finally on my Pokémon journey, the one had I dreamed about for years. It almost felt unreal, but as soon as fennekin yipped happily, I knew it was real.

I was finally on my journey.

"Shall we get going fennekin?" I say, looking at the small fox beside me.

Fennekin nodded and immediately jumped on my head, causing me to laugh a little.

"Comfortable up there?" I say jokingly, and fennekin yipps happily once again.

After laughing once more, I start making my way to the exit of Vaniville town.

I started walking towards the blue double doors that led to Aquacorde town, where I could see different people with their Pokémon living happily together. I remember as a child my eyes would always sparkle, admiring how people and Pokémon could live in harmony together.

Even as a child, I resented the bad people I would overhear other people talking about that stole Pokémon and used them for bad reasons or sold them for money. I never understood how someone could do that. People and Pokémon should live in harmony together like they do in most towns. People like them are the reasons some Pokémon live in fear of humans.

I didn't realise I had stopped walking until fennekin whimpered slightly, alerting my attention, as if silently asking if I was okay.

"I'm okay little one, let's keep moving." I say reassuringly, as I opened the doors and went through Aquacorde town.

Finally, I had the reached the tall grass, where I would encounter my first wild Pokémon.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped into the tall grass and was attacked by a small fletchling.

Fennekin immediately jumped of my head and went into a battle stance, looking at me with a determined look in her eye, waiting for me to call a command.

Not really knowing what moves Fennekin already had, I looked at my pokedex and saw fennekin had 3 moves: Scratch, tail whip and ember.

"Okay Fennekin, use ember!" I commanded, and as soon as I finished, fennekin shot a small fire from its mouth, hitting its target dead on.

The fletchling recovered quickly though, making its way towards fennekin to tackle it. Luckily, it was as if fennekin read my mind, since it quickly dodged and waited for its next command.

"Use scratch Fennekin!" I shouted.

Fennekin scratched the fletchling, and then it fainted.

Fennekin immediately ran up to me and jumped in my arms, wagging its small tail happily.

"Good job fennekin!" I praised, giving her a small kiss on her forehead to let her know I was proud of her.

We walked a little further up where a trainer was standing in front of Santalune forest.

"Alright Fennekin, this will be our first Pokémon trainer battle, let's do our best okay" I say to fennekin, who nods in response.

When we locked eyes with the trainer, he immediately challenged us to a battle and sent out his Pokémon, which was a zigzagoon.

The battle was over fairly quickly, with Fennekin using both scratch and ember to take out his zigzagoon. With that, we entered the Santalune forest.

The forest was a little intimidating at first, but fennekin immediately took the lead, essentially guiding me through the forest. We battled trainer early on in the forest, but fennekin easily took out his Pokémon, since one of them was a scatterbug. The other was a fletchling, but fennekin had the advantage and we won the battle.

We battled a few more trainers on the way, gaining fennekin some more experience, which would be useful, since I knew there was a gym on the other side of the forest in Santalune city.

While walking through the tall grass, a wild scatterbug attacked us. We battled it, and as soon as it fainted, I threw a pokeball at it. Luckily, it stayed in the ball and me and fennekin both let out a small cheer.

"We caught our first Pokémon fennekin!" I said happily, and fennekin yipped happily.

With that, we continued our way through the forest, battling with scatterbug for a little bit to gain it some experience. After battling the wild Pokémon more, scatterbug eventually evolved into a spewpa, which made me immensely happy, and fennekin was too.

After battling the last few trainers, we made our way out of the forest, and continued to battle the few trainers that were just outside.

Finally, we had arrived at Santalune. Just as I was about to make my way to the Pokémon center, I was tackled into a hug by someone I didn't recognize at first.