Chapter 40

"Show time Pachirisu!"

"Let's go umbreon!"

Both our pokemon came out at the same time, and both were eager to start the battle.

"First move is yours Lotus!" I call and she nods.

"Your mistake, Umbreon pursuit!" Lotus calls, and her umbreon carries out the command immediately.

"Dodge it Pachirisu and use swift!" I call, and Pachirisu quickly moves out of the way, using swift immediately as she does.

Luckily for us, the move lands, and Lotus' umbreon skids back a little on the grass, but quickly regaining its balance.

"Bite umbreon!"

"Dodge it Pachirisu!"

Unfortunately, Pachirisu didn't manage to dodge in time, and Umbreon lands the move and latches itself onto Pachirisu's tail, causing Pachirisu to panic and run around.

"Try to stay calm Pachirisu! Use Discharge while Umbreon is close!" I call, and Pachirisu stops and quickly uses discharge, not giving umbreon a chance to move as the move hits.

"That was smart Yui, keeping calm like that. As expected of the Kalos champion" Lotus says, and I laugh a little in response.

"Flattery will get you nowhere Lotus." I say jokingly, and we both laugh.

"Run and use electro ball Pachirisu!" I call, and Pachirisu wastes no time in starting to run around Umbreon, using electro ball as it does so.

"Dodge it and use take down Umbreon! Run through the electro balls and chase Pachirisu!" Lotus calls, and her Umbreon nods, carrying out the command with no hesitation.

"Stop and wait for it to get close Pachirisu!" I say, and Pachirisu looks at me confusingly. I nod at her reassuringly, as I whisper "Trust me" and she nods, stopping immediately and turning to face Umbreon as it charges towards her.

As Umbreon gets closer, Pachirisu continues to wait for my command.

"Use super fang Pachirisu!" I call, and Pachirisu uses the move, her front fangs becoming longer as she and Umbreon's attacks both collide, creating a cloud of smoke and strong wind from the collision.

Both me and Lotus cover our faces with our arms before the smoke clears. When it does, we both see that both Umbreon and Pachirisu had both fainted.

"The first battle ends in a draw, I wonder how this whole battle will turn out" Lotus says, and I smirk.

"We won't know until it's over I guess, but in terms of strength, I'd say we're pretty much equal." I reply before I send out my next pokemon.

"Your turn to take the stage Altaria!"

"Let's do this Yamask!"

"Dragon Dance Altaria!" I call, and she becomes cloaked in a red, blue, and purple light, raising both her attack and her speed.

"Shadow ball Yamask!" Lotus calls, and her Yamask uses the move, a purple and black ball forming in front of it, aimed at Altaria.

"Use moonblast to counter!"

A ball of pink forms at Altaria's beak, and both fire at the same time, colliding in midair, creating a cloud of smoke.

"Dragon pulse Altaria!"

Altaria carries out the command quickly, a silhouette of a dragon coming towards Yamask, giving it no time to dodge, as it gets knocked to the ground.

"You can do it Yamask, I believe in you!" Lotus says to her pokemon, as it looks back at her and nods. At the same time, a blue light engulfs it, and both me and Lotus gasp.