Chapter 36

I was both nervous and excited for the last chamber. Nervous because if we lost here, we'd have to go through the whole elite four again, and excited because if we won, we would be able to face the champion.

As if sensing my worries, Lotus put her hand on my shoulder and reassured me everything would be okay, and that we would win.

I nodded after she did, and took a deep breath before I entered the chamber. When we did, the first thing I noticed was the crystal-clear water that was to the sides of the battlefield, surrounding it, as well as the beautiful water at the back, which was parted in the middle.

The elite four member introduced himself as Siebold, and wasted no time in making his way to the battlefield, as he called out his first Pokémon Clawitzer.

I called out my first Pokémon, Sawsbuck, and the battle began.

I knew that Clawitzer would be fast, and I knew that speed would be an issue for Sawsbuck, so I had to find a way to slow it down first.

"Use leech seed on the battlefield Sawsbuck!" I call, and Sawsbuck immediately fires the seeds towards the ground, creating medium length vines across the battlefield that I hoped would slow down Clawitzer.

"Aura Sphere Clawitzer!"

Since Sawsbuck was a normal and grass type, I knew that Aura Sphere would do a lot of damage if it made contact.

"Use horn leech to hit it back!" I call as the ball of aura comes towards Sawsbuck, and she does exactly as I say, hitting it back towards Clawitzer, creating a path clear of vines as it did so.

It seems Siebold had the same idea I had though, as his Clawitzer hit the aura sphere back to us.

This went on for some time, Sawsbuck hitting it back towards Clawitzer, and Clawitzer hitting it back towards Sawsbuck.

Soon enough though, the Clawitzer jumped up into the air, and I smirked as it did.

Perfect.

"Energy ball Sawsbuck!" I call, and Sawsbuck fires the emerald ball of energy at Clawitzer, who Siebold instructed to use water pulse to counter.

Unfortunately for them, our energy broke through the water pulse and landed a clean hit on Clawitzer, causing it to fall to the ground.

"Use leech seed Sawsbuck!" I call, and Siebold calls for his Pokémon to dodge it, although too late.

The seeds sprout on Clawitzer, wrapping it in vines, preventing it from moving.

"Horn leech!"

"Break out and use dark pulse!"

Sawsbuck charges towards Clawitzer, and just as Sawsbuck gets close, Clawitzer manages to break out and use dark pulse.

Since it was at such close range, Sawsbuck was unable to dodge, and got hit.

"Are you okay Sawsbuck?" I ask, and Sawsbuck nods before facing its opponent again.

I take a deep breath as I figure out what I'm going to do next. We could use Solar beam, but that would mean that Sawsbuck would be immobile for a little while, giving the Clawitzer a perfect chance to attack.

Come on Yui think... what can you do...

I looked around the battlefield, hoping for some ideas, but nothing was giving me any.

Sawsbuck made a noise to get my attention, and I looked at her, wondering what she wanted. She nudged her head towards the sky, then towards the vines on the ground.