Chapter 32

"Battle begin"

"Sylveon start by jumping up!" I call, and Sylveon uses her ribbons to give her a boost into the sky, the hail stones barely brushing against her fur as she did so.

"Use swift on the ground!"

Sylveon nods, before unleashing a swift onto the ground, the yellow stars breaking up the ice on the battlefield a little, giving Sylveon a good foot hold.

"Energy ball Abomasnow!" Wulfric calls, and his Abomasnow creates a green ball of energy, throwing it at Sylveon.

"Send that back with Fairy wind!" I call, feeling as though this were a performance, and I was starting to get confident.

Sylveon successfully sends it back to Abomasnow, who, due to it's size, wasn't able to dodge, creating a shimmering cloud of smoke to appear in the area surrounding Abomasnow.

I knew it wouldn't do much, but it was a part of the plan I had.

"Use quick attack to run around Sylveon!"

Sylveon obeys, increasing its speed and running around Abomasnow, hitting the hail shards and breaking them up as she did so.

I could see Wulfric was observing what we were doing, and I knew we couldn't afford to underestimate him and his Pokémon.

After all, he was the eighth gym leader for a reason.

His Abomasnow was also trying to observe Sylveon as she ran around in the smoke, and I knew this was the time to use our next move.

"Use Abomasnow to jump into the sky!"

Sylveon does exactly as I say, jumping up onto Abomasnow's head, using it as spring, and as she emerges out of the smoke, I call to her to use fairy wind.

She does as I ask, straightening her ribbons and sending out a shimmering pink wind, trapping Abomasnow in a vortex.

"Ice shard Abomasnow." Wulfric says, and Abomasnow obeys, creating a ball of ice and throwing it at Sylveon, who due to still being in the air, was unable to dodge it, and it sent her flying to the ground.

"Sylveon! Are you okay?" I ask, concerned, and she turns and nods at me.

"You have a strong bond with your Sylveon, and you have power too. But, Will you be able to keep that strength against this?" Wulfric says, as I noticed he pulls out a key stone, and I knew immediately what he was about to do.

"Mega evolve Abomasnow!" He says, and streaks of light emit from his keystone and his Abomasnow's mega stone.

When the light disappears, his Abomasnow, rather than standing upright, is now on all fours, two ice like spikes now on its back.

"Use ice shard Abomasnow!" Wulfric calls again, and Abomasnow creates the same ball of ice, but both me and Sylveon noticed that it had more power, even if it hadn't landed yet.

"Watch out Sylveon..." I say, looking around for a way around that ice shard.

When my eyes landed on the slightly slanted walls of the battlefield, I knew what I had to do.

"Sylveon! Use quick attack once more to run around the walls!" I say as Wulfric's Abomasnow sends off the ice shard, and Sylveon barely manages to dodge it, before running at Abomasnow and landing the quick attack.

Abomasnow stumbles a little, but it keeps its balance.

"Hammerarm Abomasnow!"

"Sylveon! Treat this like a performance and dodge the hammerarm!" I call, and Sylveon's face lights up as it nods.