Chapter 14

After beating Korrina, we ended up training a little more in Shalour city, so I knew we were prepared for the next gym in Courmarine city. I knew it was a grass gym, so I focused primarily on training Braixen and Vivillion.

Me, Eevee, Vivillion all ended up training on our routine for the pokemon showcase as well. I could tell Eevee was growing in confidence the more we practiced, and just to make sure, I had asked Lotus, her pokemon and my pokemon to watch us as well.

Of course, just them watching us wasn't anywhere near the amount of people that would be watching us in Courmarine town, but at least it was something I could tell from that Eevee was comfortable with performing in front of people.

The night before we headed out, I sent my Meowstic to the professor, saying I had a strong feeling that I might catch another pokemon on the way to Courmarine city.

The next day, we headed out as early as possible, so we could have a look around the city before both my gym battle and showcase.

After we excited Shalour city, we noticed that there was a small body of water we had to get across in order to get to the other side of the path.

Luckily, there was a small path of to the side which led to the exact same place, so we decided to take that path instead of swimming across, saving us both the time and energy.

While we walked, me and Lotus ended up talking about different kinds of pokemon battles we preferred, with Lotus preferring single battles, while I preferred double battles, since it was also so amazing to me the synchrony between two pokemon during a double battle.

While we were walking, a Pachirisu suddenly jumped out at me, taking me by surprise. Behind it, I noticed a couple of rough looking people, one male one female, following the poor thing.

"Give us that Pachirisu! It's a rare find that will get us a lot of money!" The female demanded, and Braixen immediately stood in a defensive position in front of me.

"So, you sell pokemon for money? How low can you be?" I retort, and I see both of their faces have an angry look to them.

They shortly sent out their pokemon, essentially challenging us to a battle.

We won, of course, and they left, mumbling something under their breaths.

We continued walking, but I noticed that the same Pachirisu was trailing along behind me, following me.

I stopped and turned around, immediately crouching as I did so, as to not scare the small squirrel pokemon.

"You okay little one?" I ask, and it nods, before suddenly grabbing one of the pokeballs on my belt.

"You want to come with me?" I ask, unsure, and all my questions vanished as soon as the pokemon eagerly nodded its head.

I chuckled softly, before taking the spare empty pokeball I had and held it out towards the Pachirisu, who didn't waste any time gently hitting its head against it and going inside.

After the ball stopped moving, I smiled, glad that I had another pokemon on the team. I felt slightly bad for sending Meowstic to the professor, but I knew I would use Meowstic again for future performances and gym battles.

With that, we continued along, admiring the honey coloured flowers along the way, littered with all kinds of pokemon peacefully living among them, with a few in the evergreen trees that also surrounded the area.

We passed by the ranch with the Skiddo and ended up watching the small cute goat pokemon play with each other for a little bit, before we continued.

Finally, we reached Courmarine city, and we immediately admired all of the different lights that surrounded the town, as well as the various shops that the city had to offer.

So, for a few hours, we ended up going around the different shops. There were a few clothing ones, so those were our first stop, since I wanted to get a few more everyday outfits, as well as different accessories for my pokemon during showcases, to make them stand out more.

After that, we spent a little more time training for the showcase just outside of the city, gaining both me and my pokemon more experience.

Just to make sure we were extra prepared, I ended up training with Braixen, Vivillion and the new member of our team, Pachirisu.

Pachirisu seemed to get along with my other pokemon pretty well, and if you didn't know any better, you would have thought Pachirisu had been travelling with us longer than a couple of hours.

Lotus once again helped us trained, and I could tell poor Pachirisu was a little afraid of her pokemon, since they were a lot bigger and stronger than she was.

During our training, a bright blue light surrounded deerling, and I watched in awe as deerling evolved from a small deerling into a Sawsbuck.

Before we knew it was nighttime, and rather than finding somewhere to stay again, we decided to camp out on the grassy area just outside of the city.

When all my pokemon were asleep, I stayed up a little longer, thinking of strategies against the grass gym leader. I knew I would lead with Braixen but switch out to Vivillion or Pachirisu if I needed to.

After finalizing a strategy in my head, I finally laid down and was dragged into a dreamless sleep.