Chapter 35

After healing up my Pokémon, me and Lotus made our way to the next chamber, the one on the bottom left.

As soon as we walked in, we immediately noticed the huge dragon statue towards the back of the chamber, and judging from that, I guessed that this was a dragon type chamber, and I knew immediately who I would use.

The person standing in front of the statue introduced herself as Drasna, and explained that she used dragon type Pokémon, if we couldn't already tell by the statue.

She explained the rules as she stood on her end of the battlefield, and we both sent out our first Pokémon as the battle began.

"Let's go Dragalge!"

"Show time Sylveon!"

As soon as her Pokémon came out, I knew that Sylveon may have been a bad choice to start with, since Dragalge was a dragon and poison type, and since Sylveon was a fairy type, she had a slight disadvantage, and I hoped that there would be a small chance that Dragalge didn't know any poison type moves.

"Moonblast Sylveon!"

"Use thunderbolt to counter."

Sylveon immediately jumped into the air, putting her ribbons together in front of her, and as soon as the pink ball of energy formed, she quickly used her ribbons to send the ball towards Dragalge.

Unfortunately for us, the bolt of electricity that Dragalge sent out broke through our Moonblast, and hit Sylveon in the air, causing her to fall.

"Sylveon! Are you okay?" I ask, and she turns to me briefly and nods.

"Perfect, use swift!"

"Use thunderbolt again Dragalge!"

This time, both the stars and the thunderbolt collided, making me think that no damage was dealt to either side. However, I saw a few stars break through and hit Dragalge, dealing damage.

Although it was only a little damage, a little damage was better than no damage.

Next, Drasna called for her Pokémon to use a move I hoped it didn't have.

"Use Sludge bomb!"

I had to think fast, and I knew that if the move made contact to Sylveon it would deal significant damage, and I needed Sylveon for her other Pokémon.

"Use fairy wind to counter it Sylveon!" I called, hoping that the fairy wind would break up the Sludge bomb.

To my surprise, although it did break up the sludge bomb, it also created a vortex of the poison and the fairy wind in the middle of the battle, so neither side could see each other, but also meant that Sylveon couldn't go through the vortex to attack.

Although I knew I needed to switch Sylveon out, I also made a mental note of the vortex, and I hoped I could use it in a performance.

"Surf Dragalge!"

"Jump up Sylveon!"

As a wave of water broke through the vortex, dispersing it and taking some of the poison with it, Sylveon used her ribbons to propel her jump upwards, successfully avoiding the surf.

"Spin and use swift!" I called as she was in midair, and she did exactly as I had called, causing multiple stars to surround Dragalge and hit it at the same time.

As she was descending though, I noticed the ground was covered in a murky water, and I knew that had to have been from the poison from the vortex that surf brought with it.

"Return Sylveon!" I call, calling her back to her pokeball while she was descending from the air.

I couldn't send out Braixen, due to surf, and I couldn't send out Sawsbuck either, because of sludge bomb. Luvdisc was also out of the question, because of thunderbolt. Altaria would take a lot of damage from thunderbolt too, and I knew Dragalge must know a dragon type move.

Altaria was my best bet though, and I hoped her speed would come in handy.

"Giving up Challenger?" Drasna asks, and I shake my head no

"I won't give up until it's over! Altaria, your turn to take the stage!" I call, and As Altaria comes out of her pokeball, she immediately takes to the air.

"Moonblast Altaria!"

"Dragon Pulse Dragalge!"

As soon as she said dragon pulse, I felt my heart rate increase, and I hoped luck was on our side today, so the moonblast would break through the dragon type move.

I sighed a sigh of relief as it did exactly that, landing a clean hit on Dragalge.

"Good job Altaria! Use sky attack!" I called immediately after, and Altaria did exactly what I said, flying up and being cloaked in a bright white light, and heads straight for Dragalge.

"Use thunderbolt!"

"I think we'll use some of that electricity. Altaria, spin once the thunderbolt gets close!" I shout, and Altaria nods.

As the thunderbolt gets closer, Altaria spins, and just as I had hoped, some of the electricity created a barrier around Altaria, as the sky attack hit the Dragalge straight on.

After a few more attacks were dealt, I instructed Altaria to get behind Dragalge. She managed to, and not giving them much time to react, Altaria used Dragon pulse, sending the Dragalge to the ground, and we had won against her first Pokémon.

I called Altaria back, and Sylveon managed to beat Drasna's Druddigon and Noivern, and then she sent out her Altaria. Luckily after Altaria's battle, the poison water was no longer there.

"Do you wish to switch Pokémon Challenger, despite having the type advantage?" Drasna asked, and I nodded.

"I do actually," I started, and after calling Sylveon back to her pokeball, I continued with, "My Altaria versus your Altaria." As I send Altaria out on the battle field.

"Very well. We shall see who has a stronger bond with their Altaria."

"Dragon Pulse!" She calls, and I call my Altaria to use the same move.

As both moves collide, it creates a shock wave, sending both Pokémon back.

"Sing Altaria!" Drasna calls, and her Altaria carries out the move, the music notes coming towards Altaria, and I knew if they hit, Altaria would fall asleep and not be able to battle for a little bit.

"Use Dragon Pulse to break through the notes!" I call, and Altaria manages to pull of the move just in time, breaking through the notes and landing a successful hit on Drasna's Altaria, which I knew would have dealt significant damage.

"Cotton Guard Altaria!" Drasna calls, and her Altaria surrounds itself in cotton, and I knew that would raise her Altaria's defense drastically.

"Dragon dance Altaria!" I call, and my Altaria uses the move, effectively raising both her attack and speed.

Everything went still for moment, both me and Drasna calculating what we were going to do next, and our Pokémon were eagerly waiting our commands.

"Sky attack Altaria!"

"Dragon Pulse Altaria!"

As Altaria became cloaked in the harsh white light, and headed towards her opponent, Drasna's Altaria used Dragon Pulse, the purple Dragon coming towards Altaria.

"Wait for it..." I mutter under my breath, and I see Drasna look at me a little confusingly.

The Dragon pulse comes dangerously close to Altaria, and I knew that Drasna thought the move would hit, but I quickly shouted, "Up Altaria!"

Altaria quickly changed her direction, flying straight up, dodging the dragon pulse, and dived straight down to Drasna's Altaria, who didn't have much time to react, causing the move to hit dead on.

Smoke was created around Drasna's Altaria, and my Altaria quickly flew back to me, and we waited to see whether or not Drasna's Altaria could still battle.

The smoke cleared, and to our surprise and luck, Drasna's Altaria was laying on the ground, unable to battle.

We had defeated our last elite four member, and there was only one more to defeat before we could face the champion.