Chapter 22

"Yui? Yui!"

I heard someone calling my name, the pain in my back waking up.

When I opened my eyes, I saw the worried expression of Lotus, and looking around we seemed to be in the pokemon center.

"Yui, are you okay?" Lotus asks, and it takes me a couple seconds to remember what had happened, making me alert and panic.

"Where's Sawsbuck? Where's that person? We need to go look for her!" I say, panicking, and I quickly try to get out of the bed that I had been placed on.

That, however, was a mistake, and I quickly gasped in pain.

"You're not in any condition to go looking right now Yui. I've already alerted officer Jenny about it, and she's looking into it now." Lotus says, but I couldn't help but worry.

I couldn't do anything as my pokemon was taken. I know Lotus had done her best to stop them, but her Umbreon was overpowered by them, and they used sleep powder again...

"Wait," I start, looking at Lotus, "If you got affected by the sleep powder too, how did we get here?" I question.

"Nurse joy was going out to the route to collect berries for medicines when she saw us, and with the help of Wigglytuff." Lotus explains, and I nod in understanding.

"Please Lotus, can you go look for Sawsbuck?" I ask, almost pleading, and I see Lotus look hesitant.

"What about you Yui? Are you going to be okay?" Lotus asks, and I smile a little, appreciating her concern.

"I'll be fine, please just go."

Lotus looks at me for a second, probably trying to decide whether to leave or stay, before she nods and gets up, calling out her Umbreon to try and sniff out a scent that they could follow.

Noticing my pokeballs on the side table, I called out Braixen, but tears were making their way towards my eyes when I saw Sawsbuck's pokeball. Sawsbuck wasn't only one of my first pokemon, it also a gift from Lotus herself.

Why didn't I just call out one of my pokemon to help? I could have reached for one my pokemon to try and stop them, but I didn't...

By now, tears were streaming down my face, I couldn't restrain them anymore. I wasn't a good enough trainer to stop them, I was weak, I shouldn't-

Braixen abruptly cut me off by hugging me, being careful of my back, and I could tell she was trying to comfort me, but it didn't stop me thinking negatively, until Braixen starting yipping franticly, and to me, kind off angrily.

Only then I realized that she was trying to tell me I wasn't a bad trainer, and that quickly made me wipe my tears and give her a small smile, leaving her out of her pokeball.

"You're right Braixen. Sitting here and pitying myself won't do anything. I may be injured, but I need to go find my pokemon." I say to her, determined, and she in return gives me a determined look.

"Let's go Sylveon!" I say as put my belt around my waist, taking Sylveon's pokeball out and calling her out.

"We're going to look for Sawsbuck, and I need you two's help." I say to them both, and they nod understanding.

Sylveon looked concerned however, and I felt like she could sense the pain in my back.

"I'll be fine don't worry. Let's go!" I say, and we make our way out of the pokemon center.

It was a pain to walk at first, because of my back, but I shortly got used to the pain and started to ignore it as we made our way towards the route.

"Sylveon, could you see if you could sniff out any scents or tracks? Braixen, could you look for any signs as to where they could have gone?" I say to my pokemon, and they both get to work immediately, while I also looked for any visual tracks that may indicate as to where they went.

Sylveon yipped loudly, signaling my attention, and I looked towards her. As I did, she sniffed at the ground and looked towards her left, letting me know she had found a scent.

"Good job Sylveon! Let's go Braixen!" I hurriedly call, and I let Sylveon lead, following her as closely and as quickly as possible.

Eventually, Sylveon lead us to what looked like ruins, but I could see the rocks as formed a way for us to get down, and it only got darker as it went down.

"Braixen, do you think you could create a torch for us?" I ask, and Braixen nods, taking the stick from it's tail and lighting the end on fire, allowing us to see where we were going.

We carefully made our way down, as to not slip and injure ourselves, and I could see paw prints in the ground that I only assumed were Lotus' umbreon's.

There was a loud bang which made me jump, and my pokemon stand on high alert, and, despite our better judgement, we made our way towards the sound.

When we found the origin place of the loud bang, we were greeted by Lotus battling against a masked trainer, and I could see Sawsbuck in a cage at the far end of the room.

"Lotus!" I call, and she quickly looks at me before saying a command to her pokemon and looking back towards the battle.

"Yui! You're supposed to be resting!" She manages to say quickly, as the trainer told their pokemon to use another move.

"I wasn't just about to sit around while my pokemon was missing!" I say back.

"Sylveon, fairy wind!" I say, and Sylveon uses the move immediately, knocking the attackers houndoom's off the ground, giving me time to run past to the cage Sawsbuck was in.

"Sawsbuck, are you okay? I'm so sorry..." I trail off, and Sawsbuck nods, letting me know she was okay, before nuzzling her head against my hand I had put through the bars of the cage, letting me know that what happened wasn't my fault.

"We'll get you out of here Sawsbuck, don't worry." I whisper to her, and she nods in understanding.

"Lotus!"

"Yes Yui?" Lotus calls back, briefly looking at me.

"Ready to battle together?" I ask her, a smirk appearing on my face.

A smirk appearing on her own face, Lotus replies, "Is that even question? Let's do this!"