Chapter 23

"Show time Braixen!"

"Let's go Serperior!"

Me and Lotus both call out our pokemon at the same time, my Braixen running in front of me as Lotus' Serperior came out of its pokeball.

Our attacker sent out a houndoom and Vivillon, both pokemon ready to fight, much like our own.

Looking around though, I knew that we had to account for the lack of space, and the fact the building could come down if we weren't careful.

"Braixen use Flame charge on Vivillon!" I call.

"Use leaf Blade on Houndoom Serperior!" Lotus calls at the same time.

Although at a type disadvantage, I was confident that Lotus' Serperior would have no issues dealing significant damage to houndoom, and I didn't have a doubt in my mind that Braixen could deal significant damage to Vivillon.

"Dodge it and use bug buzz on the Braixen and use Flamethrower on the Serperior Houndoom!" The attacker says, their pokemon carrying out their command.

Unfortunately for their Vivillon, they were too slow to dodge, meaning the attack hit dead on, while Lotus' Serperior's leaf blade cut right through the flamethrower, hitting houndoom as well, knocking it into the floor a little.

Me and Lotus both looked at each other and nodded, while the attacker looked slightly panicked by what had happened.

"I will win this! That is a rare pokemon that will get me a lot of money!" The attacker says angrily, making me annoyed. How low could someone be not only to take someone's pokemon, but to sell it for profit too?

"Please, you're lower than trash for even stealing another person's pokemon, never mind even selling it." Lotus says, tauntingly, which in turn made me laugh a little, but only made the attacker even angrier.

"Vivillon, use sleep powder! Houndoom, Use bite on Serperior!"

"We're not falling for that trick again! Braixen, use fire spin to get rid of the sleep powder!"

"Use leaf tornado Serperior!"

Braixen successfully manages to destroy the sleep powder, also dealing damage to Vivillon in the process. Lotus' Serperior manages to successfully sliver past Houndoom, hitting it straight in the back with leaf tornado.

Once again turning towards each other, me and Lotus both high five, as our pokemon also look at it each other and nod, before all of us turn our attention back to the battle at hand.

"Vivillon, Gust! Houndoom, Fire fang on Serperior!" The attacker commands their pokemon, not giving us much time to react as the pokemon use their attacks, a gust of wind coming straight for both of our pokemon, and their houndoom fast approaching with a fire fang, causing both our pokemon to get hit.

"You okay Braixen?" I ask, and she gives me a brief nod.

"Serperior, You okay as well?" Lotus asks her pokemon, who also nods in response.

"Psybeam on Vivillon Braixen!"

"Grass Pledge on Vivillon as well Serperior!"

Me and Lotus both tell our pokemon to attack the Vivillon rather than the houndoom, since I guessed that they would try to use Sleep powder again, and it would be easiest to take care of the Vivillon first.

"Dodge is Vivillon! Houndoom, Flamethrower on both of them!" The attacker commands, and judging from their tone of voice, I could tell they were starting to panic.

Unfortunately for them, their Vivillon doesn't manage to dodge in time, making both moves hit it and soon enough, it had fainted. Houndoom's attack hit both our pokemon, but both of them managed to stand their ground.

That made us think we only had to deal with the houndoom, but we were wrong. They then sent out a Meowstic.

"Lotus, you focus on the Houndoom, I'll focus on the Meowstic!" I say to Lotus, and she nods in response.

"You heard her Serperior! Leaf tornado on Houndoom!" Lotus commands, her Serperior carrying out the command immediately.

"Alright, let's do this Braixen! Use Psybeam on Meowstic." I call, however, when Braixen goes to use the move, instead of psybeam, fire appears instead, and my face lights up.

"You learned Fire Blast Braixen!" I shout, proudness showing in my voice.

The attack hits the Meowstic, making it stumble a little, while the attacker commands it to use psychic.

Without me even saying anything, Braixen dodges the attack with ease, using fire blast again shortly after, once again hitting the Meowstic dead on.

To both our surprises though, the Meowstic is still standing, ready to continue battling.

"That's a tough pokemon you have there, but toughness alone isn't going to be enough to win this battle!" I shout, and the attacker just smirks.

"Use psyshock Meowstic!"

The Meowstic obeys, using its psychic ability to pick up small rocks that surround Braixen, closing in as soon as the Meowstic moves its paw.

"Braixen! Are you okay?" I ask her, and she nods, but I could tell she was starting to get worn down.

"Still think you can win?" The attacker taunts, and I smirk.

"I don't think we can win; I know we can!" I reply, confidence in my voice.

"Houndoom! Over here!" The attack calls and Houndoom immediately runs to Meowstic's side, as Lotus runs to mine.

"We're going to finish this now." I start, then looking at Lotus, we both share a look and nod.

"Braixen, use flame charge!"

"Use Leaf tornado to surround Braixen serperior!"

With that a flame engulfs Braixen, while Lotus' serperior using leaf tornado, creating a one-way tunnel, as both the Meowstic and Houndoom are trapped by the leaf tornado.
"Now Braixen!" I shout, and Braixen immediately starts charging towards them. With nowhere to run, the Pokemon are left to stand there as their trainer panics, leading them to not call a command, and Braixen hits them dead on.

We had won the battle.

"Good job Braixen!" I praise as Braixen comes over to me, and she smiles, before falling onto me.

I chuckle slightly, whispering "You did amazing, thank you. Take a long rest." As I call her back to her pokeball.

"Good job Serperior, you deserve a long rest too." Lotus praises her pokemon, before calling serperior back to its pokeball.

"What should we do about them?" I ask Lotus.

"Restrain them, take them to the pokemon center and wait for the police to take care of them." Lotus says, calling out her Lilligant to use sleep powder on them, so they can't escape, while I call out my Sylveon to keep an eye on them.

"Sawsbuck..." I say as I unlock the cage, using the key from the attacker, and my pokemon immediately licks my cheek, letting me know she was okay.

"You deserve a rest too, let's get you to a pokemon center." I say, calling Sawsbuck back to its pokeball.

With that, we carry the attacker back to the pokemon center, telling nurse Joy to call officer Jenny to take them in to the police station.