Chapter 15

Today was the day. The day I would challenge the Courmarine city gym leader Ramos, and hopefully obtain my 4th gym badge. That would also mean I was exactly halfway to the elite four, and that in itself made me more determined than ever.

As to not be over tired, we didn't get up too early in the morning, allowing all of us to get the rest we needed to be fully rejuvenated, before I challenged the gym. The pokemon showcase wasn't until the day after tomorrow, so I had still had time to perfect my performance for that as well.

We made our way to the gym, which was in the giant tree located in the north of the city, admiring the beauty of the tree as we did so.

After we walked into the gym and were greeted by one of Ramos' assistances, we were led to the battlefield, which was surrounded by giant trees, vines hanging off them.

Ramos was already waiting on one side of the battlefield, and after he introduced himself, I made my way to the opposite side of the battlefield. Once the assistant had explained the rules to me again, the battle had begun.

Ramos started by sending out his jumpfluff, which I knew immediately could be quite fast, which could cause issues. I sent out Vivillion in turn, and the battle began.

Ramos immediately commanded his jumpfluff to use acrobatics, which made me panic since I knew it would be super effective on Vivillion if it didn't manage to dodge, or retaliate.

"Try to dodge then use psybeam Vivillon!" I shouted, and Vivillon nodded, barely managing to fly out of the way of Jumpfluff's attack, using psybeam as soon as it could.

It managed to hit jumpfluff, which I was thankful for. I wasn't too sure if Vivillon would be able to dodge another acrobatics, since it barely managed to dodge the first one in time, but I knew it was a risk I had to take, or I had to issue a command before Ramos had the chance to command his jumpfluff.

"Use Stun Spore Vivillon! See if you can paralyze it!" I call up to the pokemon, and Vivillon carries out the command.

Unfortunately for us, Jumpfluff managed to move out of the way before the stun spore hit, and Ramos told it to use bullet seed, barely giving me time to tell Vivillon to dodge.

I told Vivillon to dodge too late, and Vivillon was hit by the bullet seed. Luckily, I could tell it didn't deal much damage since Vivillon didn't seem to be phased by the attack, which made me smile a little.

"Fly around jumpfluff and use psybeam Vivillon!" I say to the pokemon, and Vivillion carried out the command immediately.

A few of the psybeams hit, but unfortunately, jumpfluff managed to hit Vivillon with acrobatics again, dealing more damage than I would have liked it to.

"Vivillon, are you okay?" I ask and she nods, letting me know she could still battle.

"Use tackle!" I command, and Vivillon hits jumpfluff dead on.

I could tell both pokemon were getting tired, and it was only a matter of time before one them gave up and couldn't battle anymore.

I was determined to make sure that pokemon wasn't Vivillon.

As the battle progressed, jumpfluff managed to land final acrobatics on Vivillon, and Vivillon was unable to battle.

"You did well Vivillon, thank you so much." I whispered to the pokeball, before sending out Braixen to finish the jumpfluff off.

Braixen managed to finish Jumpfluff off with ease, and Ramos didn't waste any time, sending out his Gogoat straight away.

"Start with Flame charge Braixen!" I say, determination showing in my voice, and Braixen carried out the command flawlessly, hitting his Gogoat dead on, not giving him any time to react.

Gogoat recovered quickly though, and Ramos commanded it to use take down, which Braixen managed to jump out the way off.

He immediately followed up with bulldoze, and I knew I had to act quickly otherwise Gogoat would take out Braixen pretty quickly.

Looking around quickly, an idea popped into my head, and I called out to Braixen as quickly as I could.

"Braixen! Use the vines from the trees to dodge!"

Braixen wasted no time and managed to dodge just in time.

I released a breath I didn't realise I was holding and told Braixen to jump off the vine and use fire spin, to at least trap Gogoat for a little bit giving us more of a chance to attack.

It worked, allowing Braixen to land the final hits before Gogoat fainted, meaning we only had to defeat one more pokemon before we could get the gym badge.

Ramos sent out his weepinbell, but I decided to leave Braixen in battle, hoping she could finish off weepinbell as well.

"Use flame charge Braixen!"

When I told Braixen to use flame charge, I noticed Ramos chuckle a little, making me confused.

"Use grass knot weepinbell." Ramos says calmly, and a small knot appears in front of Braixen, and, not noticing it, she falls over it.

"Braixen!" I call out, and she looks back at me and nods, letting me know she was okay.

"Use psybeam!"

Ramos countered by attack by telling weepinbell to use acid, which cancelled out the psybeam. After that, he gave us no time to react, telling weepinbell to use acid again.

I told Braixen to dodge, but it was too late. Acid hit her dead on, and she fell.

That's when I knew she wasn't able to battle anymore.

"You were amazing Braixen." I say, as she weakly smiles at me, and I bring her to my side of the battlefield letting her rest.

"The battle isn't over yet!" I shout, determination in my voice.

"Time to take center stage Eevee!" I say, and I send Eevee out to battle.

Eevee looked confused for a moment, until it saw weepinbell. It looked back at me with uncertainty, and I gave it a small smile, letting her know it would be okay.

"Eevee, use quick attack!" I start with and Eevee follows immediately.

Ramos tells his weepinbell to use grass knot again, but when he does, I smirk.

"Use the trees, Eevee!"

I didn't even need to give any hint to Eevee what I meant it knew immediately. Eevee jumped onto one of the tree trunks then jumped off immediately.

Both Ramos and Weepinbell seemed surprised by this, so it gave weepinbell no time to react. Eevee landed the hit, and weepinbell fell to the ground.

I knew the battle wasn't over though.

Weepinbell got back up shortly after.

"Use acid weepinbell!" Ramos commanded, and weepinbell wasted no time in obeying.

"Use quick attack to dodge Eevee!" I say confidently, and Eevee does just that, being quick on its feet and dodging.

"Now use swift!" I say once again, confidence radiating from my voice.

I was determined to win this battle.

I could tell weepinbell was getting tired, but luckily for us, Eevee wasn't. It still had just as much energy as it did when the battle first started, and I could tell Eevee was having fun.

"Let's finish this, Eevee! Use run and use swift!"

With that, Ramos had barely any time to issue a command before Eevee used swift, hitting weepinbell, making it fall to the ground.

Eevee landed gracefully on its feet, while the referee shouted:

"Weepinbell is unable to battle. The winner is the challenger, Yui!"