Chapter 29

We went back to the pokemon center shortly after, and Lotus asked me what my plans were, also asking if I planned to face the eighth Gym right away.

After thinking for a while, I told her that I would prefer to train for a while, just to make sure I was prepared, and although I planned to use Braixen for the ice types, since she had a type advantage. I had also planned to use Sylveon and Pachirisu, but I still wanted to train them to counter any ice type attacks that may hinder our movement or stop us.

So, with that, we made our way back to Dendemille town, where we could train the ice cave there, and hopefully battle some ice types along the way.

Lotus said she would train in the grassy area outside of Dendemille for the day, since she didn't want to go in the cold again, and we agreed to meet at the pokemon center at the end of the day, so that we could re-trace our steps and train in different places before my eighth gym badge, since I also knew the gym leader was going to be strong.

"Everyone, let's go!" I say, sending them out of their pokeballs, once we were far enough in the cave.

"We're not going to challenge the gym yet, I want to spend a little while training before the master class, while working on our performances as well before the Master class. After the Master class, I want to train for at least a year for our gym badge so we can be extra prepared, and we can win with our first try!"

They all nodded in understanding, a determined look in their eyes and I knew that they were just as determined as I was.

"Braixen, spin and use flamethrower! Pachirisu, use Electro ball towards Braixen!" I say, and both pokemon carry out the commands immediately, and the electro ball hit the fire shield, resulting in it creating a cloud of smoke.

Shortly after though, the cloud of smoke dissipated into yellow, orange and red sparkles, showering over both Braixen and Pachirisu, who had posed as soon as they had completed their moves.

"Great job you two! Now, I want to see what it looks like if Pachirisu you spin and use discharge, while Braixen spins and uses flamethrower." I say, and both pokemon nod and get back into their positions.

"Braixen, spin and use flamethrower! Pachirisu, spin and use Discharge!"

Both pokemon do as I tell them, and the shields collide. But, to my surprise, the fire and electricity blend together, giving me another idea.

"Pachirisu jump and use swift on the shield!"

Pachirisu, using its tail as a spring, jumps into the air and uses swift, hitting the shield, creating a firework effect.

"Let's finish this up, Braixen, Fire blast, Pachirisu, use super fang and spin through the fire blast!"

Both pokemon carry ou the command flawlessly, breaking apart the fire blast into sparkles, and Pachirisu lands on its tail.

"Great job you too!" I praise them both, and they both do a mini bow, making me laugh a little.

"I want to use that in the second round since I can use two pokemon in the second round. For the final round, I want to try something with three pokemon." I explain, then turn around to my other pokemon.

"Vivillon, Sylveon, can you come here?" I ask, and they both make their way over to me.

"I want to use you along with Braixen in the final round, so I want to try a performance using all of you," I pause for a minute, just to make sure they understand, and when they nod, I continue, "I want to try the final move first, and we can work on a routine from there."

"Sylveon, fairy wind! Braixen, flamethrower! Vivillon, Struggle bug!" I call, and all three pokemon carry out their commands.

At first, I thought what I was going for would work, as when Sylveon's fairy wind and Braixen's flamethrower hit each other, an outline of a flower appeared. However, when Vivillon's struggle bug hit, it burst the flower into sparkles.

Although it looked pretty and would have a good appeal, it wasn't quite what I was going for. I was hoping that the struggle bug through the middle would make the flower look like a gracidea flower, rather than burst the flower into sparkles.

As if sensing it wasn't quite what I was going for, Vivillon came over to me, hanging its head a little low, probably thinking I was disappointed in it, which was definitely not the case.

"It's okay Vivillon don't worry, we just need to practice the timing a little more. I'm not disappointed don't worry!" I say reassuringly to her, and she nods before fluttering back over to Braixen and Sylveon.

"Let's try one more time! Sylveon, fairy wind! Braixen, Flamethrower!"

Both pokemon carried out the command, and I waited a little bit before calling out Vivillon's command.

"Vivillon, struggle bug!"

Vivillon carried out the move, but unfortunately again, it dissipated the flower outline into sparkles.

"All we need to do is practice, that's all."

However, practice after practice, the same outcome kept happening, but I was determined to make it work.

After the fourth or fifth attempt, an idea came to mind. Throughout the practices, Vivillon had been hitting it from the front, but what if Vivillon hit it from the back?

"Vivillon! Fly to the back the flower and use struggle bug!"

Vivillon did exactly as I commanded, and when the move hit, my eyes, as well as my pokemon's lit up as we finally achieved the outcome that we can hoped for.

"We did it!" I cheered, hugging my pokemon, who were equally as happy as I was.

We practiced the same routine a few times, just to make sure it worked, and luckily it did.

I knew that we had perfected it.

We continued to work on the routine beforehand, which included Braixen throwing me her lit twig back and forth, while Vivillon and sylveon both followed it, Vivillon flying gracefully, while Sylveon was jumping and spinning.

"The only thing left to practice for is the first round and third round. For the third round, I want to use Luvdisc in the second round, since it is also only one pokemon.

"Luvdisc! Spin and use water gun!" I say as I throw luvdisc into the air, and luvdisc carries out the command immediately, creating a spiral water barrier around it.

"Use water pulse!"

Luvdisc does as I command, hitting the water barrier and causing luvdisc to be surrounded by small water droplets.

"Use hydro pump on the ground!"

Luvdisc does that, creating a splash of water on the ground.

Once I catch Luvdisc, I immediately say "Take down on the puddle of water, then use Hydro pump again!"

Luvdisc does exactly that, and just had I had hoped, take down splashed the water up, and once hydro pump hit, it created a sea shell, which soon dissipated into smaller droplets of water that sparkled.

"You were amazing! Now for the first round," I say, and turning to Sawsbuck, I continue, " Sawsbuck, I want to use you in the first round."

Sawsbuck nodded in understanding and we started practicing.

"Sawsbuck use energy ball into the air, then jump and use horn leech!"

Sawsbuck did exactly as I asked, making the energy ball turn into a cloud of smoke, which soon created small green crystals that dissipated into sparkles once they hit the ground.

"Do you think you could throw me into the air Sawsbuck? Once you do, I want you to use leech seed to create a small platform for me to stand on, then jump onto the platform and use energy ball twice. After that, can you use double kick to create fireworks?"

Sawsbuck nodded, and I climbed on her back, and she threw me into the air.

As she did, she used leech seed just as I had asked, and as I landed, jumped onto the platform, using energy ball and then double kick, creating fireworks.

After she had done so, we bowed and my pokemon were giving us our own applause.

After seeing the happy faces of my pokemon, I knew that we were going to do our best in the Master class.

And hopefully,

We would win it.