Chapter 37

It was finally time.

Time to face the Champion.

As the elevator went up, I could feel my nerves increasing. I had managed to defeat all four elite four members but the champion had her title for a reason. Not only that, but if we lost against the champion, we'd have to battle all of the elite four again.

I took a deep breath as the elevator finally reached its destination. I had to do my best to win, and I believed in my pokemon, just as I'm sure they believed in me, their trainer, as well.

I couldn't help but admire the décor of the room. The room was a pure white, with huge doors at 3 corners of the room. By the center door, there were two statues standing either side, both standing with a sword placed firmly in the stand that there were on. The center of the floor, just in-front of where the elevator stopped, was circular with two steps surrounding it, and in the middle was something that looked like it was made of glass, embedded in the floor, with symbols for each of the different pokemon types.

The champion, Diantha, was standing at the far end of the room, waiting for the challenger. When she saw me and Lotus, she asked which one of us was challenging her, and I answered that it was me, and Lotus went to stand to one side of the battle field. She stood by one of the doors, as I walked towards the battlefield, which was where the glass-looking thing was.

"You've done well to defeat the members of the elite four. What is your name challenger?" Diantha says

"Yui" I shortly reply.

"Yui... I've seen the bonds you have with your pokemon from the pokemon showcase master class, and I know this will be an interesting battle for sure," Diantha says, then pauses for a minute, before saying, "Shall we begin?"

Although surprised she had watched the master class showcase, I nod, and she sends out her first pokemon, Hawlucha.

Hawlucha was a fighting and flying type, so I knew who I would use.

"Show time Pachirisu!" I call, and Pachirisu comes out of the her pokeball, landing on her tail.

"First move is yours Yui." Diantha says.

"Electro ball Pachirisu!" I call, and Pachirisu carries out the attack swiftly, jumping into the air and raising her tail as a ball of electricity forms. Once it was fully formed, she sends it towards Hawlucha, who dodges swiftly.

Well, no one said this was going to be easy

"Swords dance Hawlucha." Diantha commands.

Swords dance would raise Hawlucha's attack, which means I needed to be extra careful.

"Electro ball again Pachirisu!"

Pachirisu carries out the command, but Diantha's Hawlucha kept dodging the attack. While it was however, I was studying Hawlucha's movements, in hopes to get some idea of when to land an attack.

"Keep using Electro ball Pachirisu!"

Eventually, one of the attacks lands, and I knew since Hawlucha was part flying type, it did some significant damage.

"Poison jab Hawlucha!" Diantha calls, and Hawlucha charges at Pachirisu, poison surrounding its fist.

Luckily for us, Pachirisu could use her size to her advantage.

"Run around and dodge is Pachirisu! Use electro ball as you do so!" I call, and Pachirisu nods, before quickly running and dodging Hawlucha's poison jab, using electro ball as she did so.

A few landed, and I could see that Hawlucha was begging to get tired, and I knew this was the perfect time to end this first battle.

"Pachirisu, jump in the air and raise your tail!" I shout, and Pachirisu uses her tail as a spring to propel herself into the air. Once her tail was raised, it seemed Pachirisu already knew what I wanted her to do, and she used discharge, creating lightning bolts from her tail towards multiple areas of the battle field, some hitting Hawlucha.