Chapter 28

I knew the answer as soon as the smoke cleared.

We had won our seventh gym badge.

Meowstic had fainted.

"Both Meowstic are unable to battle! The winner is the challenger Yui!" The referee shouts, and my pokemon immediately run up to me, Braixen throwing her arms around me while Sawsbuck nuzzles against my cheek.

"Thank you both, you were amazing!" I praise them, and I notice both Lotus and Olympia smiling.

"Congratulations on winning Yui. The friendship you have with your pokemon is amazing, and you are destined for great things. Your dreams will come true soon." Olympia says as the referee gives me the badge, and I nod, thanking her for an amazing battle.

Lotus also hugged me, telling me how proud she was of me, saying the next thing was to win the Anistar city showcase, then I would have my third princess key and if I did, I could perform in the master class.

After that, we headed back to the pokemon center, not really having anything else planned for the day. The showcase was tomorrow, so I had time to change our performance routine, as a different idea came to me while I was battling with Olympia.

While Lotus was training with her pokemon, I was sitting on the edge of my bed in the room that we were staying in, thinking about the performance routine.

Suddenly, an idea came to me, and I rushed out the pokemon center to the other side, where no one could see as I called Braixen and Sawsbuck out of their pokeballs.

"I want to change our performance, Braixen can you..."

********

Finally, it was the day of the showcase, and I was determined to get my last princess key, then I could finally perform in the master class and hopefully become Kalos queen.

Immediately after entering the venue, Lotus made her way towards the audience area while I made my way to the dressing room, calling Sawsbuck and Braixen out of their pokeballs as soon as I sat down.

Together, we watched the TV, waiting for the announcer to announce what the theme round would be.

Pokemon quiz.

I smirked, feeling confident, as I didn't spend over 10 years studying all about pokemon for nothing.

I had full faith that my pokemon would be able to retrieve the ball so I could answer the questions quickly, and I decided on using Braixen, since she would be quicker than Sawsbuck.

To my surprise, one of the staff came in and said I was in the first group.

Already being dressed the clothing they provided us with, I quickly made my way to the stage area with 2 other performers, each of us wanting to pass this round.

Although only one of us could.

And I was determined to make sure that person was me.

Just as I had hoped, Braixen was quick and sufficient in retrieving the balls that were trapped in the rocks, allowing me to answer the questions quickly.

Luckily, I had only gotten a couple wrong, and before I knew it I was eligible to move onto the next round.

While the other performers were on stage and while the others who had passed were getting ready, I too was getting ready, picking accessories that would allow my pokemon to perform easily, but also make them look even better.

Since it was currently summer, and Sawsbuck's horns were covered in deep green leaves, I decided to go with nature like accessories that would match Sawsbuck's horns.

I added a few flowers into Sawsbuck's horns, and Braixen had the same flowers decorating her ears.

Around her tail Braixen had beautiful red flower chains, contrasting the yellow of her fur but had a certain fiery charm to them.

Deciding that my Pokemon didn't need anymore accessories, we eagerly waited to be told that we needed to go on stage.

I was last to go on stage, which made me a little anxious, but only made me more determined to give a great performance.

After what seemed like an eternity, we were finally told to go on stage, and as the platform was raising, I had to contain my nerves.

"Please welcome, Yui!"

"Let's go!" Was all I said before Braixen sprung into action, using flamethrower to create pillars, dancing as she did so, and landing on the other side of the stage.

"Ready to go Sawsbuck?" I ask as I jump onto her back, and she nods.

"Horn leech Sawsbuck!"

Sawsbuck wastes no time in carrying the command out, running through the pillars creating beautiful sparkles as she did so, heading towards Braixen.

"I want to change our performance slightly. Instead of using the fire blast and leech seed first, I want you to use them after Sawsbuck runs towards Braixen. After that, I want Braixen to pass me her twig, so I can throw in the sky, creating a fire swirl while Sawsbuck uses leech seed on the ground, making vines grown into the fire, making it dissipate into pretty sparkles. As the finale, I want Braixen to use flamethrower while Sawsbuck uses energy ball, which I hope would create something resembling a Gracidea flower."

When Sawsbuck was near Braixen, Braixen flipped over Sawsbuck as Sawsbuck quickly stopped. When she did, I flipped off of her back, landing on one hand, and Braixen wasted no time in using fire blast, while Sawsbuck used leech seed, turning the Fire blast into a green colour, making it turn into something like fireworks.

After that, Braixen and Sawsbuck came over to me, as Braixen ignited the end of her twig and threw it to me.

I caught it, just like we had practiced, and threw it up into the air, creating a fire spiral.

As soon as Braixen caught the twig again, Sawsbuck used leech seed on the ground, making deep green vines grow from the ground, going through the fire, making light green stars as it did so, which soon dissipated into small green sparkles.

"Time for the finale!" I say, as I nod towards Braixen and Sawsbuck.

"Sawsbuck, energy ball! Braixen, Use flamethrower!"

Both pokemon carried out the commands with precision, and just as I had hoped, it created something that resembled a Gracidea Flower.

After I had said I was finished, the crowd erupted in applause, and all the performers came onto the stage as we waited for the crowd to vote.

I knew this would be the last princess key I needed before I could enter the master class, and I desperately hoped that we would be able to win this one.

I closed my eyes, hoping for the best, and when I heard shocked gasps around me, I immediately opened them, a shocked gasp coming from my own mouth as I saw majority of the small light orbs were of my colour.

"And the winner is Yui!"

I couldn't help the lone tear that slipped out of my eye, as Braixen threw her arms around me and as Sawsbuck licked my cheek.

I had done it, I'd won my last princess key.

"Congratulations Yui. You can now enter the master class." The announcer said, his klefki coming over and giving me my last princess key.

"Thank you so much," I start, and turning towards my pokemon, I continue, "I couldn't have gotten here without you and the others, thank you so much."

After an applause, I went back to the dressing room where I quickly changed and went outside to meet lotus. When I did, she quickly engulfed me in a hug, saying how proud she was of me, and that I would win the master class for sure.

I wasn't too sure if I could win the master class first time, but I knew that as long as I believed in my pokemon and we had fun, it wouldn't matter if we won or lost.