Chapter 25

"Hey Lotus?" I ask, after a small silence between us.

"What's up?"

"Can we go train in frost cavern?" I say, and I see Lotus look hesitant.

"But it's cold." She answers and I laugh a little.

"So?"

"So, I hate the cold."

"Please? For me?" I ask her, giving my best puppy dog eyes in hopes that she'll give in.

"Fine. But you owe me a cup of hot chocolate when we get back." Lotus states, before lightly tapping me on the head.

"Ow..." I say under my breath, and I just see Lotus smirk a little.

With that, we make our way to Frost Cavern, battling the trainers along the way.

When we entered the cave, I couldn't help but admire the cave's interior. A pure white blanket of snow covered the cavern's floor, with clear, reflective ice covering the walls.

"It's so cold..." Lotus complains under her breath, and suddenly, an idea comes to mind.

"Don't you have a fire type?" I say, and I see Lotus take a couple seconds to realise what I had just said.

"Oh yeah. Chandelure, let's go!" Lotus says, calling Chandelure out of its pokeball.

Surprisingly, despite the heat radiating off of the ghost type pokemon, the ice nor the snow seemed to melt, remaining untouched and staying as pure and as beautiful as it was when we walked in.
"Much better." I hear Lotus say, and as I look at her, I see her face light up in a smile.

Following her example, I call Braixen out of her pokeball, and she looks at me in concern as I do, probably wondering if I was okay after not getting through to the second round of the showcase.

Although the loss still stung a little, I had still accepted that I could still perform in the Anistar city showcase, and hopefully win.

"I'm fine don't worry. Would you mind setting fire to the end of your stick, so I could be a little warm while we walk through and find a spot to train?" I ask Braixen, and she nods, carrying out the command immediately, and I smile a little as the heat reaches me, warming me up a little.

We continue through the cave, trying our best to not fall on the ice, although failing miserably. Lotus had only fallen twice, whereas I on the other hand, had fallen multiple times, and had resulted onto holding onto Lotus' Chandelure to stop myself from falling.

After plenty of falls and battles later, we finally found a place we could train in peace.

"Hey Lotus, Let's battle." I say out nowhere, and I see Lotus give me a confused look.

"You didn't tell me you planned to battle?" Lotus replies, and I laugh a little.

"Well, I just did, didn't I?" I say, smirking as I did so, and Lotus just rolls her eyes.

"Fine, but three on three only, okay?" Lotus suggests.

"That's fine with me." I say, as we both go to opposite ends of the area we were training in.

Luckily, where we were was right next to a quick way back to the entrance, so we didn't need to worry about getting lost on the way back.

"Show time Sylveon!" I say, calling out her out of her pokeball and she did a small flip in midair before landing gracefully on the snowy floor.

"Let's go Chandelure!" Lotus says, and since Chandelure was already out of its pokeball, Chandelure quickly took its position in front of Lotus.

"You have first move Yui!" Lotus says, and I nod in response.

"Alright Sylveon, use swift!" I say, determined, and Sylveon yips happily before carrying out the command.

"Dodge it Chandelure, then use night shade!" Lotus says, and I could tell she was already getting into the battle spirit from her tone of voice.

Her Chandelure carries out the attack immediately, swiftly dodging before using night shade.

"Sylveon counter with fairy wind!" I say, and Sylveon carries out the command.

Both attacks hit dead one, creating a cloud of smoke, in which both pokemon get taken back, resulting in both of them taking some damage.

"You didn't think I wouldn't counterattack, would you?" I say, my voice radiating confidence.

"I wouldn't expect any less from you Yui. Of course, I'm not going to let you win either. Chandelure, use confuse ray!" Lotus says, and I immediately knew what I was going to counter with.
"Sylveon, moonblast!"

Sylveon wastes no time in carrying out the command, the moonblast cancelling out the confuse ray and hits Chandelure dead on.

"Good job Sylveon!" I praise, and Sylveon yips at me happily.

"Overheat Chandelure!" Lotus calls quickly, giving me no chance to tell Sylveon to dodge.

Despite this, Sylveon still tries to dodge, but to no avail.

She gets knocked back, barely managing to steady herself and I could see that she took a-bit of damage but could still fight.

"Fairy wind Sylveon!" I call, and she obeys immediately, bringing all her ribbons to the front of her and unleashing a powerful pink wind towards Chandelure.

Lotus doesn't have much time to call a command as the attack hits her Chandelure, knocking it back like their previous attack had done to Sylveon.

"Flame burst Chandelure! Don't give them a chance to attack!" Lotus says, and I could tell she was panicking a little.

"Dodge them Sylveon!"

Sylveon expertly dodges the flame bursts, dancing around them as she did so, with such speed and grace that even I was having a hard time keeping up with her.

"Let's finish this Sylveon! Moonblast!" I say, and Sylveon jumps up in the air, using its ribbons for extra momentum, and uses moonblast, hitting Chandelure dead on.

That wasn't enough to make it faint, however.

"You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?" Lotus says smirking.

"I was kind of hoping it was, but it doesn't matter. We'll win this either way!" I shout, determination lacing my tone, and Sylveon yips, agreeing with me.

"We'll see about that! Chandelure, night shade!"

"Stand your ground Sylveon!"

As soon as the move hits, I could see Sylveon trying his best to withstand the attack.

"You can do it Sylveon! Just a little more!" I call, encouraging her.

"You can do it Chandelure! Add more power to that nightshade!" Lotus calls, and her Chandelure obeys immediately.

I could see Sylveon was now struggling to stand its ground, so I quickly had to think of an attack to use.

"Quick attack Sylveon! Gain some speed!" I quickly call, and Sylveon does exactly as I say, pushing through the night shade as it starts running around Chandelure.

"Moonblast Sylveon!"

With that, the attack hits Chandelure, knocking it into a nearby wall, and it had fainted.

"You did well Chandelure, thank you" Lotus says, calling the pokemon back to its pokeball.

"I told you we would win!" I say, almost in a teasing manner, and I could see Lotus got a little annoyed at this.

"I still have two pokemon Yui! I wouldn't get so cocky!" Lotus says, calling out her next pokemon.

"Let's show them what we got Gotherita!"

"Return Sylveon, you did amazing," I say, calling Sylveon back to its pokeball, before continuing by sending out my next pokemon, "Show time Pachirisu!"

The small electric Squirrel comes out of its pokeball with enthusiasm, ready to battle.

"Electro ball Pachirisu!"

"Future Sight Gotherita!"