Chapter 7

I was woken up by fennekin, who decided to jump on me rather than waking me up peacefully. When I didn't get up, the rest of my pokemon decided to join her in making sure I was awake.

"I'm up, I'm up." I sleepily mumble, practically throwing myself out of bed. I was still a little tired, but I knew I would be fully awake in an hour or so.

After getting dressed, I heard a knock at my door. I answered it immediately and saw the professor standing at my door, letting me know he had already fed my pokemon, and recommended a restaurant nearby that me and Lotus could get breakfast at, since he had work to do. He wished us a safe journey, telling me he would contact my parents later on in the day to let them know I was safe, and went towards the pokemon area we had met him in yesterday.

I thanked him for letting us stay the night, and after being told that Lotus still wasn't awake, I made my way to the room she was staying in, my pokemon following shortly behind me.

I knocked on the door once, and when I got no response, I gently pushed open the door. When I did, her serperior was the first to notice me, raising its tail in alert, obviously not recognizing me at first.

When it did, it lowered its tail and slithered over to me, nuzzling against my cheek affectionately, before glancing over at Lotus, who was still peacefully sleeping.

Her other pokemon were still asleep too, and I whispered to serperior to wake them up for me with my pokemon while I woke up Lotus.

"Lotus, we need to get up." I say, shaking her lightly.

"Leave me alone, let me sleep..." She mumbles, and I roll my eyes.

"I would but I would like to get back on my journey as soon as possible. You wanted to explore Lumiose a little before we headed to the next town, right?" I say, shaking her again.

"Lumiose isn't going anywhere, let me sleep for a couple more hours..." She replies, facing away from me.

I almost felt bad for waking her up.

Almost

If I was going to be tired, then so was she.

"Lotus, if you don't get up, then I'll have to take the covers from you." I threaten, and when I get a mumble in response, I sigh.

"Fennekin, help me here." I whispered, and she nodded, biting the end of the duvet.

"Alright, now!" I say, and me and fennekin pull the covers off of Lotus. Fennekin jumps into my arms shortly after, giving me a smug smile, one mimicking the one on my face.

Lotus immediately gets up and glares at me and if I wasn't her friend, and if I didn't have pokemon, I would definitely be scared.

"Fine fine, I'm getting up. But if you do that again..." Lotus says, menacingly.

"Well maybe you should get up then." I say back, playfully but sarcastically.

Lotus doesn't say anything, just goes to walk out the room. As she does, she stops in front of me, and goes to ruffle my hair, but in turn pushes me lightly, making me stumble a little bit.

"Well, someone is grumpy." I say to fennekin and my other pokemon, a small smile on my face as Lotus leaves the room, all her pokemon being put into their pokeballs, except for serperior, who follows her out of the room.

With that, I return my pokemon and wait just outside the pokemon lab for Lotus, fennekin taking her perch on top of my head.

Lotus took longer than I expected her too, but I knew she was tired.

"Ready to go?" I say to her, and only nods in response.

We made our way to the restaurant that the professor recommended. It was a little far, but I assumed it was going to be worth it.

The café we were at was also a battle restaurant, which made things a little more interesting. We ordered and paid for our meal, then once a server had brought it out, the battle had begun.

Since it was me and Lotus, the battle was a double battle, so the server sent out two pokemon.

The server led us outside to the battlefield outside, while our food was being prepared, and sent out panpour and pansage.

I looked at Lotus, and we both shared a knowing glance, before sending out both our pokemon.

"Alright Fennekin, use ember on pansage!"

"Use Leaf blade on panpour!"

With that, both our pokemon carried out their commands. Serperior hitting panpour dead on, while pansage managed to dodge Fennekin's attack.

"Damn it..." I say under my breath, and Lotus looked at me.

"You need to stay calm during a pokemon battle Yui. If one or two attacks miss, that's okay, you can still win." Lotus says to me, and I nod, taking a deep breath shortly after.

"Use ember!"

"Use leaf tornado!"

This time, both attacks lands, and our opponents panpour was unable to battle. Lotus called serperior back to her side, letting me finish the battle off.

"You did well serperior, now finish this off Yui!" Lotus says to me, giving me a small smile.

"Alright Fennekin, you heard her, use ember!" I call but when I did, fennekin instead stomps on the ground, being covered by dust, then emerges shortly after covered in flame.

She runs towards pansage, and it tries to hold her back. Unfortunately for pansage, fennekin breaks through and hits it dead on.

My eyes lit up immediately.

"Fennekin! You learned flame charge!" I say happily, and fennekin runs back to me, jumping my arms immediately and nuzzling against my cheek.

The referee announces that pansage is unable to battle, and me and Lotus had won the battle.

The server leads us back into the restaurant where our food was waiting for us and congratulated us on our win.

Once he left, we immediately started eating with our pokemon, letting them recover from the battle they had just fought.

Once we had finished, we left the restaurant and made our way to route 5.