Chapter 38

We had won.

We had defeated the champion.

"Congratulations Yui, you are now the Kalos champion. That was an amazing battle." Diantha praised, and I could only thank her, as I still couldn't believe we had won.

After 3 years of being on my journey, training, performing, travelling, I had beat the elite four and beat the champion.

We went into the chamber behind where we had battled, and Diantha told me to put my pokeballs onto a machine to register them, and to register myself as the new Kalos champion. She told me then that tomorrow there would be national announcement to announce the change in champion.

So, the next day, there was an announcement live from Lumiose city, to announce that Diantha was no longer the champion, and that I was the new champion.

Some people congratulated me, while others didn't seem too happy that there was a new champion, and still wanted Diantha to be champion. Despite this, I did mention to Diantha that I didn't plan to stay in the region, and asked her to stay as champion in my place. We would both keep the title, and she would battle the challengers unless I was in the region.

To surprise, she agreed, and wished me the best for the future.

Other the next year, I spent it training and getting princess keys for the next master class, and this time, I hoped to win this time.

Finally, the next master class came, and I noticed a few performers from the last master class. A few recognised me and happily chatted with me, while others stood glaring at me while they waited to be called on stage, after the crowd had seen all the performers.

"Yui, you're part of the next group, prepare to go on stage." One of the staff members said to me, and I nodded in response.

"Ready Sylveon?" I said to Sylveon, who I had planned to use in the first round.

"Please welcome the next group of performers!" the announcer said, and since I was once again in the middle, I had to wait for the other performer to perform first, before I could.

After they were finished, it was finally my turn.

"Moonblast Sylveon!"

Sylveon wasted no time in using the move multiple times, just like we had practiced, sending pink spheres towards the crowds, which soon bursts into sparkles.

"Fairy wind! Then use swift!"

Sylveon used fairy wind, sending a spiral of pink into the air, and as I threw her into the air as well, she used swift towards the spiral, and the stars collide in the middle, dissipating the pink across the stage, and showering golden sparkles down upon us.

After that, the spotlight was no longer on us, and it was time for the next performer to perform.

I noticed them as one of the performers that I had originally faced off with in the first master class, and was one of the performers glaring at me while I was waiting my turn.

After they were finished, it was time for us all to simultaneously perform.

"Sylveon, swift!" I call, and Sylveon jumps into the air and uses swift in the shape of a crescent moon, and uses quick attack immediately after to break up the stars.

"Finished!" We all yelled at the same time, and after that, the crowd was told to cast their votes.

We all waited in anticipation of who would advance to the next round.

"And the performer advancing to the next round is Yui!"

I didn't know what to say or react, I didn't expect to be the one to advance into the next round.