Chapter 6

After exiting the gym, both me and Lotus quickly made our way towards the pokemon center to heal up my pokemon before we continued on my journey.

After my pokemon were healed, we made our way towards the front exit to Santalune city, the one that led to Parterre way.

"Hey Yui," Lotus starts, looking towards the flowers that littered the route, "look how cute those Flabébé are!"

Following her gaze, I notice a group of Flabébé playing around the flowers. There was one of each type of a flower a Flabébé could have: red, yellow, blue, orange and white.

"Why don't you catch one? I know you like cute pokemon." Lotus suggests, and I nod.

"Alright Spewpa, let's go!" I say as I send out Spewpa.

When I do, all the Flabébé look at me alarmingly, and go to flee.

"Spewpa, use string shot on the Flabébé with the white flower!" I commanded quickly; I wasn't going to let it get away since I wanted to catch it.

Spewpa obeyed immediately, keeping Flabébé from moving, while the others fled.

"Sorry Flabébé, but I would really like you on my team!" I apologized, not wanting the small pokemon to be afraid of me.

Flabébé looked like it understood, and turned towards Spewpa, starting the battle with fairy wind. When it did, a sparkly sliver wind came towards Spewpa, which Spewpa dodged without me even saying anything.

"Good job Spewpa, use tackle!" I instruct, and Spewpa obeys immediately, hitting Flabébé dead on.

After Spewpa using tackle a couple more times, I could tell Flabébé was getting tired.

"Alright, go pokeball!" I shout as I throw the pokeball at Flabébé, and after watching it shake a couple times, it made a small clicking sound, letting me know I had caught the Flabébé.

"Well done, Yui, it's adorable!" Lotus praises me, and I nod in response, sending Flabébé out.

"Hi there, sorry if I startled you. I'm looking forward to having you on my team!" I say quietly but happily to Flabébé and it gives me a happy look immediately, letting me know it was okay.

After that I immediately returned Flabébé and continued along the route, battling with lotus as I did. Spewpa had also evolved into Vivillion on the way, which I was immensely happy about.

The route wasn't very long and only took us about 10 minutes to walk up, before we got to one of the entrances of Lumiose city. We immediately walked in and were greeted by the city.

Not only was I amazed, but when I glanced at Lotus, I could tell from her eyes that she was admiring this city as much as I was, if not more.

"Where do you want to check first?" Lotus asked me, and I immediately knew where I wanted to go.

"Can we go to Professor Sycamore's lab? I want to thank him for giving my parents my pokedex, pokeballs and fennekin." I explain, and Lotus nods.

The walk only took us 5 minutes since we walked quite fast, and we arrived at the lab.

"Professor Sycamore?" I called, seeing if he was here.

Professor Sycamore was a close friend of my parents and knew me since I was a child. He often let me play with the pokemon at the lab, when my parents visited with me when I was a child. I didn't remember much of Lumiose when I was a child though.

"Professor?" I called again, and this time a Bunnelby came hopping out of a room towards me.

"Hey there little one, do you know where the professor is?" I ask the rabbit pokemon, and it nods its head immediately, hopping away a little before turning back towards me, essentially telling me to follow it.

With that, me and Lotus follow the pokemon until it leads us to a room filled with a grassy terrain where all the pokemon were, under a glass roof so the sunlight could still get in for the grass types.

In the middle I saw the professor observing and playing with the different types of pokemon.

"Professor!" I called, a smile on my face and as soon as he noticed me, a smile was on his face too.

"Yui! I haven't seen you in a while, you've grown!" Professor Sycamore says after he makes his way towards me.

"It has been a while." I sheepishly say, and I could see Lotus was confused.

"Ah Lotus, this is Professor Sycamore, Pokemon researcher here in the Kalos region. He's a close friend of my parents and often looked after me when I was younger." I explained, and Lotus nodded, introducing herself to the professor shortly after.

After that, we spent a little time at the professor's lab while I thanked him, and he checked how my pokemon were doing, letting them play with the pokemon in the lab shortly after.

"Do you and Lotus want to stay here for the night? It's getting pretty dark, and it would be better if you were well rested before you make your way to Camphrier town?" The professor suggests, and me and Lotus both agree.

Soon after, we go to our rooms the professor's assistances prepared for us.

When I got to my room, I got changed into the pjamers I had packed with me as quickly as I could. Once I was done, I let all my pokemon out of their pokeballs and climbed into the bed, letting them sleep with me.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was immediately asleep.