Chapter 10

After that, I decided I needed to do some serious training, so I resorted to training on the beach with my pokemon, to gain them some more experience. Lotus had also offered to help, so we went spent a little bit of time with her and her pokemon too, training.

One day, while I was training with Braixen, Lotus went off somewhere. I didn't think anything of it, and just thought she was going to get some things from the pokemon center. But when she came back, she had a small flier in her hand.

"Hey Yui," she begins, handing me the flier, "they say the next pokemon showcase is going to be in this town. I know you wanted to be a performer, and this may also be a chance to grow closer to your pokemon." Lotus finishes, and after reading the flier, I nod in response.

After that, we took a break from training to think of a performance for the freestyle performance of the showcase. Since we would have no idea what the theme round would be, we couldn't really prepare for it.

I stood, pondering for a minute on what pokemon I should use. I wanted two types that contradicted each other, to create a battle-like effect.

"I got it!" I say suddenly, and send out one of my pokemon, since the other I chose was already out of her pokeball.

"Braixen, Luvdisc, do you want to participate in this first showcase with me?" I ask the two pokemon, and they nod, although I wasn't too sure they knew what a pokemon showcase was.

With that, we started to think of a routine that had a battle like feel to it.

"Luvdisc, spin and use water gun towards Braixen!" I say and Luvdisc looks at me hesitantly before carrying out the command, creating a vortex of water towards Braixen.

"Braixen, jump and use flame charge on the water near Luvdisc!" I say to Braixen, who also hesitates at first, but carries out the command anyway.

The attack worked exactly how I wanted it to, creating steam as the fire hits the water, and neither of my pokemon took any damage from it.

Both Braixen and Luvdisc look surprised that it worked, but both looked happy.

"Braixen, use psybeam! Luvdisc, use water pulse!" I say, watching as the pokemon obey, and when the two moves collide, it causes the water pulse to burst, creating rainbow coloured droplets, making the sky sparkle.

After that, I worked together with my pokemon to incorporate myself into the performance, since in pokemon showcases, the trainer also needed to be involved with the performance as well.

We practiced a little more over the next couple of days, and eventually it was the day of the performance.

Making our way to the hall with Lotus, I had to swallow my nerves. It was my first showcase, and although I was pretty certain there were complete beginners like me as well, I still felt nervous.

"Don't worry, you've got this okay? I believe in you." Lotus says quietly to me, giving me an encouraging smile, making my nerves go away for a moment.

Lotus went of to the stands where she could watch, while I went to the room where performers could prepare their pokemon. Although nervous, after I was changed into my outfit, I managed to talk with the other performers pretty well, before we were split into groups in the order we would go on stage.

Unfortunately for me, I was in the first group, so I can to compose myself quickly, otherwise I wouldn't stand much of a chance against the others.

We were finally called on stage, and after being introduced, we were told the first round would be to dress up our pokemon to a certain theme.

After being told the theme was based around a coral reef, we were told to go into these small rooms on the stage that had all different kinds of accessories we could use.

We were only allowed to dress up one pokemon, and I knew immediately I had to use Braixen.

"Let's do this Braixen." I whisper once we were in the room and Braixen agrees, determination radiating of off it.

Luckily for me, my dress was already blue, allowing for it to look ocean like as is, and I had chosen to tie my hair up into high twintails with a blue ribbon.

"What do you think we should use Braixen?" I ask the pokemon, allowing her to give some input in as well.

Braixen looks like she thinks for a moment, before walking around to one of the draws and opening it, revealing beautiful pearl like accessories that looked like something a mermaid would wear.

After that, I let Braixen pick out her accessories with me adding a few here and there.

Just as we added the last touch, the timer went off, and the announcer announced that we were out of time. Both me and Braixen sighed a sigh of relief at this, and we were told to come out one by one with our pokemon.

When me and Braixen had walked out, we heard the audience gasp, and I couldn't help but smile a little. I had tried to make Braixen look more like a mermaid princess, in terms of the accessories she was wearing.

When the audience were told to vote using their glow caster, I was surprised to see so many little orbs of my colour, and before I knew it, the announcer had announced that I had one the first round.

"We did it Braixen!" I say to my pokemon happily when we went backstage and started watching the other performers.

Then it was the freestyle performance.

"I can do this; I can do this." I say over and over to myself, trying to get rid of my nerves.

However, all my nerves went when I felt Braixen supportively put a paw on my shoulder.

Once we were out on stage, I now noticed that the entire stage was surrounded by water. How I didn't notice that before, I didn't know but it would make things a lot easier for Luvdisc.

"Alright Braixen, Luvdisc, time to take the stage!" I say as confidently as I could, sending Luvdisc out of it's pokeball and into the water, and Braixen runs to center stage.

After that, we did our routine exactly how we practiced, the water being a supporting factor. Once Braixen's psybeam collided with Luvdisc's water pulse, the crowd erupted into cheers.

After that, I started my part with my pokemon, which included dancing with them while there was a vortex of fire and water around us.

After we had finished, the audience were still cheering, and I could see Lotus smiling at me from the crowd.

After the other 2 performances had concluded, we would were all called back to the stage so the audience could vote on who's they liked best.

I was beyond shocked when I saw majority of votes were my colour, and I barely registered when the announcer announced I had won and presented me with my first princess key.

When I walked out of the hall, I was immediately ingulfed into a hug by Lotus, who congratulated me on my first pokemon showcase win.

With that, we decided to rest for the rest of the day, before my re-match with Grant tomorrow.