Chapter 21

"Congratulations on your win Yui. The friendship you and your pokemon showed was amazing, I wish you all the best in the future." Valerie says as she gives me the gym badge, and I thank her.

Just as we go to leave, I notice one of Valerie's assistances run up to her, and hand her a box, which confused me until she handed the box to Lotus, saying how her assistant made the dress while we were battling, saying she must have overheard the conversation.

After that, we both headed to the pokemon centre to heal my pokemon, and Lotus tried on the dress Valerie had made her.

The dress was a semi-V-neck, and the skirt reached to just above her knee. The top was a beautiful navy blue, littered with small golden butterflies, with a light pink ribbon around the middle. The skirt had two layers, the top being dark green and the bottom being a much lighter green.

"You look amazing. I bet a certain Hoenn champion would love it." I say in a teasing tone, and I see Lotus' face go red.

"S-shut up! I bet I won't even meet him..." Lotus retorts, trailing off.

"Yeah, but if we did." I say, teasing her, and she lightly hits me arm, before going back into the changing room.

I laugh a little, and shortly after she comes back out. We head out of the pokemon centre and make our way to Dendemille town, where the next showcase would be.

Just like the other times, I had no clue what the first round would be, but I knew I could practice for the second round. First, we wanted to go to Dendemille first so I could practice there.

We made our way towards route 16, and when we got there, we couldn't help but marvel at the scenery. Amber and yellow leaves littered the ground, creating a small crunch as we stood on them. Pale green grass lined the dirt path, and we could see old, run down buildings along the route, giving the route itself, an olden time look to it.

As we started walking, we battled any trainers along the way, and at some point, after using Sawsbuck in a battle, I kept her out of her pokeball, and asked if I could ride on her back again. This time though, Lotus continued to walk, despite the fact I told her that it would be quicker to ride on Sawsbuck's back again.

As we continued, however, I was starting to grow a little uneasy, feeling as though we were being followed. Every time, I looked back to check though, no one was there.

"Lotus?" I call to her, trying not to show the nervousness in my voice.

"Yes?"

"do you... do you feel like we're being followed or is that just me?" I question, this time nervousness showing in my voice.

"No, it might just be you." She replies, although I could tell she was a little worried for me.

"Maybe but-"

I tried to say something, but as I did, a houndoom jumped out in front of Sawsbuck, scaring it, causes me to fall off and land on my back, knocking the air out of me.

"Use sleep powder Vivillon!" Someone shouts, and Lotus immediately tries to move me as well, but I tell her not to, and to make sure Sawsbuck is okay.

"But Yui-" She tries to say but I stop her, the pain in my back from falling off of Sawsbuck making it hard to talk.
"Just make sure Sawsbuck is okay!"

Lotus sends out her Umbreon as she moves out the way of the sleep powder, trying to stop the attacker, but their Vivillon and houndoom both team up against Umbreon, making it an unfair fight.

"Use ominous wind Umbreon!" Lotus commands, but both the attacker's pokemon dodge the move, their houndoom using flamethrower while their Vivillon uses struggle bug, not giving Umbreon much time to react as it got hit.

I, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky, and the sleep powder was quickly making me drowsy, draining any strength I would have had to get up. My back was still hurting, so eventually, I gave into the drowsiness.

The last thing I saw before I gave into the darkness, was their Vivillon and houndoom defeating Lotus' Umbreon, their Vivillon using sleep powder again, and the attacker throwing some kind of net over Sawsbuck, pushing it into a metal cage on the back of a car, and driving off.